Mr.Hindos's list of suggestions

Started by Mr.H, November 06, 2011, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlaster

Quote from: Mr.H on November 23, 2011, 11:32:25 PM
Thanks blaster for that info ;), That save load thing sounds like a handy but timeconsuming workaround. A simple on off switch is what im suggesting here, takes one second to click instead of loads of time uploading it and everything.

It's not that slow, about like 1-2 minutes but a switch would speed it up dramatically.
Whats awesome?Creeper world!

Grauniad

At issue is how the code maps are generated. The code map seed string is hashed into an MD5 string The first 8 bytes (32 bits) of the MS5 hash is used as the seed for the map generator. Many, many different strings map onto each of the 4.29 billion available code maps. It is not possible to add parameters into the 32-bit string that generates the maps and expect them to decode back into the correct settings.

Edited for clarity.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Mr.H

Im determined not to let this list fall silent so here's some more suggestions  ;D:

Note: This is a brainstorm and I kindly invite you to join in
Double note: As this is a brainstorm some of the ideas may have issues or reasons that make them immposible, feel free to say this but please check if someone else said it(I don't want 2 pages full of 'that doesn't work'.Anyway If I agree with your post Ill change the suggestion or remove it.

Custom maps:

1, Inorder to increase the userbase of map makers, cavemaniac opened a thread about one time map makers. Apparently the map making community is small and not very productive, Im sure many of you twindle around with your thumbs for two days until one map comes out. We'll at least want one map a day, so heres some ideas to motivate people to make maps more:

a, Hall of fame(repeat idea, not my idea too)

b, Put that tutorial of ebonhearts near the custom map section with a link.

c, Anyone want to team up with me and make a screenshot filled tutorial and various tips and tricks(like that save game thing I learnt recently :D)

d, New maps spotlight, if there's lots of new maps maybe a hot new maps spotlight. This is pretty much just a highlighted spot(red stands out right?) for new maps, I know they allready appear at the top.

2, Art changing, I looked through the blog and saw some of the old versions of the liberation ship, blasters mortars etc. This proves that at some point the art for this was changed, so this shows that the art of the units could be changed. I admit that users creating custom unit art might be hard/immposible to implement but since that art existed before maybe we can select a different unit version of the art I.E. we get to use the old ones from earlier on in the development.

NEW!: 3, New tiers/strengths of phantoms. Ever wanted more durable phantoms who take more hits before dying, now you'll need more phantom coils to hold them back! Tier 1: default,
Tier 2: default plus 50 % hp Tier 3: Takes 2 phantom coils to destroy Tier 4: Mother of all phantoms, takes 3 phantoms to destroy. Could have a message to show the strength of the phantom, otherwise it could be larger/different colour to indicate tier.

Forums:

1, Im not sure if this allready exists but is it possible to implement a poll type system onto threads. This creates a poll under the title and above the first post on the first page where users can vote. The topic creator can then set a deadline and the poll can function as a hosts way of user feedback.

In-game:

1, Box-select- I find it incredibly annoying to shift click each unit I want to select one by one, why can't I just click-drag or ctrl-click-drag a box over the units I want to select them. even better would be the ability to create multiple boxes, I.E. pull a box around one cluster of units and then hold shift and drag another box(repeat however many times you want). This would really make the frustration of moving units a lot less.. frustrating.

That's all for now, although I have this nagging itch telling me i forgot one thing...
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Ebon Heart

I am honored you think my guide is that good, but I really don't think a forum post is worth putting into the game. :P but if you want to put pictures in, I'd be happy to let you use it.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Mr.H

I meant on the kunckecracker website where the custom maps are, since that's where the submit map to knucklecracker is. Just put another link to ur guide just under that, as for the pictures Ill go do that now:)
Stop reading IT!

Mr.H

Hello everyone :) !

I was just playing CW2: Academy, and the tutorial included what many of us allready wanted: detection zones, I mean it detected when there was a maker in the specified region or if there were reactors where it told you to build them. Is it possible to put this into the full game editor? So us map makers can have detection zones as well.

Cheers,
Mr.H
Stop reading IT!

Grauniad

Those features are custom-built for the introductory tutorial missions. They are no different than the tutorial missions for the full game. Unless I don't understand what you mean by a "detection zone."
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Mr.H

I mean that in the introduction, the full game too, there are those little green areas where it tells you to place stuff and then when you build something there it automaticly moves to the next instruction. Coudl this be modified for in-game non-tutorial use. So make them have toggable visibility, and then we could use them in our maps. E.g. I want check if they built a dark beam at a certain point, if they did it triggers a phantom gateway to start building.
Stop reading IT!

Kithros

Unfortunately as far as I know that's not really an option for general use as it is, the tutorial is a special case where it's basically just hard coded in. On a kind of similar note, the tutorial completely bugs out if you manage to save/load in it (hence why save/loading in it is disabled).