Annoying lines appear when I play cw1 now.

Started by Ebon Heart, June 03, 2011, 09:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

about a year ago there was a problem with air,an updated version was causing the game to run in slow motion, some one had posted a way to "down grade". I think it required uninstalling air then reinstalling the older version

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Eric on June 17, 2011, 07:47:58 AM
about a year ago there was a problem with air,an updated version was causing the game to run in slow motion, some one had posted a way to "down grade". I think it required uninstalling air then reinstalling the older version
That's exactly what I did. I uninstalled it, then installed the last version from the site. It still does it.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Sorry for bumping this topic, but apparently more players are suffering from the lines in CW1, see the screenshots in this post.

I wonder if a new CW1 build would solve this....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

It would be interesting to see if anyone who sees these lines also sees them in any one of the flash games like CW:US...  Also, I assume that anyone who has these lines also has the latest version of Adobe AIR installed.  The lines definitely look like some sort of issue between flash/AIR and a particular graphics card or graphics driver.  So anything that changes one of those variables might shed some light on the problem.

J

Have latest version of air, no problems in CW1 and CW:US

Ebon Heart

I haven't even played cw1 since I got my new laptop. (lost my key)... Actually, take that back. I've played cw:US and stuff. And no lines anymore. :D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Just played CW1 and there were no lines on anything with AIR3

(Rule some stuff out)
GPU:NVIDIA Quadro FX1500
Drivers: 8.17.12.7589
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

CJY101

( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission