Custom Map #9728: Spiral peak. By: Sinsubstantial

Started by AutoPost, October 16, 2021, 04:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9728: Spiral peak

Author: Sinsubstantial
Size: 128x128

Desc:
made a map that specifically made me think outside of my normal tactics, hopefull itll provide a challenge to you too

Helper

Interesting map.
Spoiler
I tried attacking the center, failed, attacked the bottom right, failed.
Got the bottom left Emitter in the center, but couldn't progress.
Went after the bottom right again and got it.
Finally could activate the Forge.
PZ Bertha helped me take out the center, then finished up at the top left.
[close]
Curious what sequence of attack others used.
Thanks for the fun.
H

D0m0nik

Really good map!

Potential face palm moment inbound H -
Spoiler
Why did you wait so long to fire the forge, you have two CNs!
[close]

My route -
Spoiler
Bottom right taking advantage of the CN to get a couple of units in behind the emitter, then centre, then top left. 3 normal Berthas from the start and one on bottom right PZ to hurry things along
[close]

Helper

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I used both CN's to get things started b/c I didn't know how long the cooldown for the spore tower would be (better safe than sorry). After seeing it was very manageable with one CN I used the other to do what made sense to do. Then just went straight for the center.

Problem is, I get distracted and forget more than the one thing that's in front of me, so I'd often go a couple RL minutes without remembering to land the other CN again. I do think this would be pretty do-able even without a forge since you have AC and berthas. Not nearly as fun though.

I really enjoyed this map! Nice design, and good mix of challenges. Nothing insane or annoying in this map. Was able to eat Crunch-N-Munch instead of potato chips, because it was fun like watching a movie and not stressful like playing chess against AlphaZero or some nonsense like that.  :P Great job!

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Hmmm...
"Was able to eat Crunch-N-Munch instead of potato chips..."
Mr. Potato head is not going to be pleased to read that.
;D

Johnny Haywire

I save the potato chips for Martin G's maps. They're quite often substantially different than watching an entertaining movie. They're not as mentally painful as a dentist's chair but sometimes I have to break out the chips with ridges just to figure stuff out.

marvinitfox

Quote from: Helper on October 17, 2021, 08:51:03 AM

That's where you fell off the bus.

If you really did not want to sit a CN down in the drink next to some totems, then you could at least commission some guppies to do so for you.
Properly managed, they need not even die.

And everything is a *lot* easier at packet speed 5, rather than speed 0 Not to mention the easier power, etc.

Helper

Quote from: marvinitfox on October 20, 2021, 01:53:47 PM
That's where you fell off the bus.

Ain't that the truth.
Good thing I ride the short bus.
;)

Johnny Haywire

...And guess who's DRIVING that short bus?

I drive the crazy kids, and the kids drive me crazy. And it's a short trip because we're already there.  :P

Martin Gronsdal

I couldn't understand why my cannons were only firing on the thin bridges on the yellow part. I thought thats either a bug or simply the way creeper flows. Then, when I finished the game, I understood why.... OMG

thanks for the map

Sinsubstantial

Quote from: Helper on October 17, 2021, 08:51:03 AM
Interesting map.
Spoiler
I tried attacking the center, failed, attacked the bottom right, failed.
Got the bottom left Emitter in the center, but couldn't progress.
Went after the bottom right again and got it.
PZ Bertha helped me take out the center, then finished up at the top left.
[close]
Curious what sequence of attack others used.
Thanks for the fun.
H

i started right along the bottom, stalled a third through so i started up the left got all the way up but couldnt get a foothold on the island, ended up using guppies to land back corner of both "islands" and then taking the middle