Custom Map #9727: Easy Achievement Map Done RIght. By: ExileVirtigo

Started by AutoPost, October 15, 2021, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9727: Easy Achievement Map Done RIght

Author: ExileVirtigo
Size: 33x23

Desc:
Quick to beat map, designed to be a TAD faster than others.

Karsten75

I fail to understand folks' predilection to upload "achievement maps"

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 15, 2021, 10:58:59 AM
I fail to understand folks' predilection to upload "achievement maps"
Is there an achievement for uploading a map? Because then, achievements maps are 3 in one:
1: achieve several regular achievements
2: achieve upload achievement
3: get achievement for getting your map removed for low quality. Oh wait that isn't an achievement, sorry.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

ExileVirtigo

Some people like to grind achievements, in particular the 200 wins etc. Is it that big of a deal that you go to the forums about it? haha. Feel free to downvote it in-game and move on.

teknotiss

Quote from: ExileVirtigo on October 17, 2021, 09:54:21 PM
Some people like to grind achievements, in particular the 200 wins etc. Is it that big of a deal that you go to the forums about it? haha. Feel free to downvote it in-game and move on.

please use the DMD for achievements rather than filling up Colonial Space with low effort poorly thought out maps that don't achieve anything past the achievement goals.

on a side note V putting in achievements was a mistake forced on him by steam and i hope he leaves them out of game 6 or whatever he is working on next.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Builder17

Quote from: teknotiss on October 18, 2021, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: ExileVirtigo on October 17, 2021, 09:54:21 PM
i hope he leaves them out of game 6 or whatever he is working on next.

I kinda like having story mode achievements, as in Win all story maps. But other than that, have to be careful with them.  :)