Custom Map #9654: STILL I AM STILL ALIVE. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, August 17, 2021, 07:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9654: STILL I AM STILL ALIVE

Author: yum234
Size: 99x99

Desc:
map 1533 CSM-241 Work hard to get what you like, otherwise you'll be forced to just like what you get.

Martin Gronsdal

Loren Pechtel

That last amplifier didn't stand a chance.  My emitters were putting out about 4,000 as I closed in on it.  Never had much use for the factories.

Feroperetic

Weasee

Thanks again yum!
How do you design these levels? Do you start with an idea, and build around that?  How do you design the progress of the level, so each part is winnable from the next? I am curious about your process!

yum-forum

Quote from: Weasee on August 18, 2021, 06:35:03 AM
Thanks again yum!
How do you design these levels? Do you start with an idea, and build around that?  How do you design the progress of the level, so each part is winnable from the next? I am curious about your process!

Thanks for question and you are welcome!  :)

I start to create CSM map usually without some idea. Just create started part of map so that it will be interesting to play for me myself. Then play and test this part. Then add new portion of terrain, units and small interesting idea of gameplay etc. Then again test. Depends on my mood it can be 2-3 portion/iteration of map per day. For all map it can be more than 20 iteration within one week.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

hbarudi

Nice this time we get to make 2000 anticreeper for easy map.

yum-forum

Thanks for kind words in comments! I started to create next CSM map.

BTW: First time when my time score not inside 250 time score table! WOW!  :)
last

Johnny Haywire

Yum, with your maps I always like what I get AND I get what I like!  ;D

Yeah, the powered upgrades are very, very strong in this map - gotta love it!

So strong, in fact, that they're all you need. No other upgrades, bomb factory, portal blocker, or even gates are needed to win. Gotta love the simple beauty of beautiful simplicity!

And as for your explanation of how you design these maps... wow. You are a meticulously marvelous master of map-making! Thank you SO much for your diligent labor on these maps. The effort and thought that you put into them really comes out in the final product. Excellent work as always!

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

creepergirl

Yum234!! I Love your maps. They are often the only ones I want to play. I hope you will make more.