[Suggestion] Unused Character Images (Edit: And other images)

Started by Dark Ambition, August 24, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Ambition

I noticed in this video:

that when you selected a ship, it used to display the image and name of that ships on board or remote pilot. Some of these aren't in the game any more. If you still have these images on hand, I think it would be great to add a few in to allow custom map makers to select more images to represent characters.

Edit: The unused images for other things would be nice to have on hand for PRPL units as well. I think some of them were CW3 concept images, but a few looked new, having a Particle Fleet concept image page for the wiki would be an excellent supplement as well.

knucracker

Some of those images might be used in the future...

There's also a technical issue with adding more character images into the game currently. The images are packed into an texture atlas that is currently full, so I'd have to expand that atlas (and hence change the math for pulling out the images), or create a second atlas.  None of which is impossible or particularly hard, it is just time consuming (the process of doing it, testing it, retesting that I didn't break something else, etc).