Custom Map #444: The Ultimate Ship Factory. By: JoaoPistori

Started by AutoPost, December 15, 2016, 11:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoaoPistori

Oh, really sorry. I had typed wrong the first time and then didn't figure out it was wrong. Thanks, I'll correct the ship name and other things.

D0m0nik

Wait, hang on a moment. What is all this talk about a mini-Thor! I think I may have missed something important?

JoaoPistori

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 20, 2016, 07:40:55 AM
Wait, hang on a moment. What is all this talk about a mini-Thor! I think I may have missed something important?

Probably you missed the most important thing for the victory! :D

D0m0nik

Haha, it's only right in the middle! Easy to miss right???!!  :-\

Sorrontis

If only I could take more than 1 corner, that'd be great.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

Quote from: Sorrontis on December 20, 2016, 11:13:07 AM

I am going to have a second go at this tonight but I am not confident of success! This makes even your maps seem easy...  :o

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 20, 2016, 11:43:53 AM
Quote from: Sorrontis on December 20, 2016, 11:13:07 AM

I am going to have a second go at this tonight but I am not confident of success! This makes even your maps seem easy...  :o

I know. I'm very impressed with Joao. I tip my hat in defeat Mr Joao. But only for now.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 20, 2016, 07:40:55 AM

I started at the bottom, build 2 Economic ships (not need energy when HQ is OFF), then destroyed HQ, put new HQ near Mini-Thor pickup and get it at the begining of game.

But then:

Destroyed HQ and started at the bottom building of Mini-Thor, other ships, get all gems, upgraded, get Lathe-ships etc. Survived till 14 min (till full building of Mini-Thor). And then came many many enemy ships and I lost all...  8)

About some of my maps in our forum was written that "stupidly hard start". In comparison with my hard maps this map CLEVER EXTRA HARD and almost without chance to defeat.  :-[

I played thousands maps (in CW1, 2, 3 and PF) and, of course, very hard also. But I can't understand how possible not to win but only survive in this game.
I am, as map maker, can create very hard map but always leave chance for players to find some way to defeat.  :D

Unfortunately, Your hints was not helpful. Please, explain how ...

P.S.I am very impressed by Your unique ships and Your enemy fleet.  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

4 more hours of micro management and I am at 15 mins and pretty much have it beat but time for bed  :(

Once I do beat it I will post my own in depth spoilers but total level time must be at 10hrs now!

Spoiler
This time my CN has spent 95% of the time in the top 3rd picking off stuff while the battle rages below. The challenge is managing both hence lots of saves, loads and pausing!
[close]

JoaoPistori

It's so good to see you guys trying and commenting a lot about this map, this makes me feel animated and encouraged to make more interesting, creative and challenging maps (I'm not saying I'll forever only make super-hard maps hahah)!

I'm going to record my game and post here or somewhere else. But before that, I'll finish the new ships and their custom modules (there's a lot of new crazy ships ideas!) for the third (of four) map of this sequel - and no, I don't plan the 3rd map to be as hard as this one. :D

So, it will probably take some days before I finish this video walkthrough (this means you guys can still keep the challenge!). If I try to explain with words, it may (it will) result in super-big confusing texts, as I found my own spoilers confusing. Probably that's why yum-forum found the spoilers not helpful.
A walkthrough with small texts and images also should be good - I'll think about.

RrR

Well I finally managed to beat this very hard map.

Here is how I did it.

Spoiler

#Opening
Upgrade defensive strut.
Lathe the two mines.
Build three omni right and one left and leave till they collect the gems.
Upgrade omni reactors and mine energy.
Move three omni to the right corner where they can convert energy mine, mire land and pickup lathe ship.
Move one omni to left corner to pickup lathe ship.
Build other ships as energy allows
Use HQ to convert left corner mine, then the other mines on the lower left. Ships without mines are easy game to destroy while waiting for destructor ships to bulld.
Upgrade build speed (you will build a lot of ships.

#Phase two.
Take the cannon on the left side (use a couple of sacrificial omni to deplete its energy before sending in the lathes.
Mire the mid left island and get siege ship.
With destructors, destroy the mid-left ship (this might have been a cunning time to nab the mini-thor). Destroy its energy mine for a quick victory.
Raid the top side of the map. The more ship spawners you destroy the easier it will be later.
Focus on the cannon - then put an omni in their place.
Once the enemy MK7 come on line, retreat. If you haven't destroyed say six of the top row of ships and several of the second row, restart.

#Phase three
Clear out the bottom of the map. With the siege ship this should be easy.

#Phase four.

Destroy the cannon the siege ship from the right hand side. Don't try to advance up the right flank.

#Phase five.
Attack the central MK7 ships and get the minithor if you didn't get it earlier (which might have been much easier)
Lots of micromanagement.
Use one lathe ship to keep reclaiming mines at the bottom of the map. Omni can fit the lower right corner and two of the flip emitters.
With luck you can bait the mobile MK7 ship into strut so it keeps having to be repaired. Otherwise it is a pain.

#Phase six
With the minithor attack the top energy mine (clearing out other stuff on the way. Once the top mine is converted, the game will very soon be over.

[close]

D0m0nik

Well done RrR, nicely done! A fast start again quite important I take it?

I am having a third attempt at finishing it now, I will post my own walkthrough if I manage a completion although that is far from guaranteed!

It is great to have a map where we are all competing just to finish a map and not just to see who can get a fastest time! There is certainly room for more of the same Joao, I am loving the challenge!

RrR

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 21, 2016, 09:19:40 AM
Well done RrR, nicely done! A fast start again quite important I take it?

Without a fast start, you might as well fight the Death Star with a bent teaspoon.

JoaoPistori

Video walkthrough is complete. 2 hours of game-recording for 28min game :P

Edit: OMFG 5.96Gb of vĂ­deo

Edit2: I'll cut the less important parts and leave the most importante ones:
Opening =  0:00 to 4:00 game time
Mid-game 1 = 6:45 to 8:15
Mid-game 2 = 8:50 to 9:45 (this part has a beautiful ship micro management)
Mid-game 3 = 9:47 to 9:57
"opening for late game" = 12:55 to 15:00
Late game 1 = 17:10 to 20:10
Late game 2 = 22:15 to 24:35
And beyound that it's just cleaning everything with lathes

If someone has account in youtube and can post it for me, I would be very grateful.

Remember that this walkthrough can be a "total-full-spoiler", but your challenge can still keep up! :D

Edit 3:
My previous time was 28:55.1
Now it is 27:56.9 :D

stdout

I'm 22 minutes in game and I have defeated the two central MK7 spawners and have almost the entire 2/3 of the bottom map taken. By far the biggest challenge this game has seen yet.