Custom Map #8127: CSM-173. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 25, 2020, 03:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

Quote from: dwilkinson on April 25, 2020, 09:09:31 AM
Well, first post on forum.
I've enjoyed these maps for a while, had a backlog after my laptop crapped out.
For some reason i always get lag on these maps, nothing on my computer is working anywhere near 100%. two graphics cards, 8 cores and nothing is really trying fully to make the game go faster, got this map open and to get 4x speed i drop to 5fps. it just sits at 30fps on 1x speed. I presume it's the script load and calculations towards the end of the levels, it always gets slower over time.
(Just checked my numbers and i actually get 6fps at 4x speed)
EDIT: by calculations i mean the flow calculations of over 1000 levels of Creep
EDIT2: just hit the upgrader, holy cow that's a lot of levels, it's gonna take a while just to upgrade each emitter 25 times. I like this, it lets me decide how mental i want the numbers to be.

Thanks for playing my maps and feedback.
Concerning game speed. In CSM game more slow if size of map or number of units is too big. I know that because i tried in past to create maps with size about 200x300. That is why I fixed size to 144x144 what is not too bad with 1X speed. In case of game for 4X speed I had to create 4 times smaller map size what is not so interesting by gameplay.
Sorry if any!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Fresh video from Dr Gorgee (comments in France):

last

Feroperetic

I was having too much fun I didn't want it to end. This gets a 10 from me! You aren't pressured at the start and there are multiple routes to the win. Perfect for replayability. For sure I'll have at least one more playthrough to improve on my score. Thanks Yum!

yum-forum

Fresh video from Master FATMAN:

Let us support mood of Master Fatman and subscribe to his channel in YouTube!  :D
last