Custom map comments forum

Started by cclloyd9785, August 28, 2011, 05:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

Would it be possible to make the Autopost post a full size image as a screenshot?

knucracker

The screenshots that are posted come from the uploaded map itself.  And the map contains only a thumbnail image.  This was to help keep the map sizes small.

Grauniad

Authors of maps are free to supply a full-sized image in a follow-up post. If and when time permits I may elect to move those to the first post if requested, but no promises.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

how about using BBcode in the map description?
We have become the creeper...

Grauniad

The map description cannot use markup (BBCode or HTML) since the web pages need it in HTML and the forum needs it in BBCode. So in short, no.

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on August 29, 2011, 04:42:22 PM
The map description cannot use markup (BBCode or HTML) since the web pages need it in HTML and the forum needs it in BBCode. So in short, no.
as the topic title is "Custom map comments forum", BBcode is fine

Grauniad

And as you have to upload the initial comment in the map upload process and it appears in the map description web page, I thought I'd point out to you that it appear as gibberish when viewed from the web or the in-game browser.

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on August 29, 2011, 05:14:11 PM
And as you have to upload the initial comment in the map upload process and it appears in the map description web page, I thought I'd point out to you that it appear as gibberish when viewed from the web or the in-game browser.

also, a full-size image is far too large to be easily seen in the in-game browser, or on viewmaps.php

also, I'd assume you've mis-understood the upload process, as the initial comment is set in the editor, and the comment field on the upload page, can only be seen by map moderators

Grauniad

Quote from: thepenguin on August 29, 2011, 05:54:21 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on August 29, 2011, 05:14:11 PM

also, a full-size image is far too large to be easily seen in the in-game browser, or on viewmaps.php

also, I'd assume you've mis-understood the upload process, as the initial comment is set in the editor, and the comment field on the upload page, can only be seen by map moderators

Wait. So you are suggesting we allow the BBCode in the map editor and then display it in the game comments?

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on August 29, 2011, 06:25:48 PM
Wait. So you are suggesting we allow the BBCode in the map editor and then display it in the game comments?

no, you already allow the raw text for bbCode in the editor

example text

this is my new really great map

full image:
[img]http://someurl[/img]

cclloyd9785

Not saying I know how to do this, but you can install CW2 as a cloud app and use it to take a screenshot, if you understand what I mean.

thepenguin

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 30, 2011, 02:34:27 PM
Not saying I know how to do this, but you can install CW2 as a cloud app and use it to take a screenshot, if you understand what I mean.

Quote from: virgilw on August 29, 2011, 12:25:36 PM
The screenshots that are posted come from the uploaded map itself.  And the map contains only a thumbnail image.  This was to help keep the map sizes small.

enough said.