Custom Map #120: ETF3: To Kill A Whirlpool

Started by AutoPost, August 29, 2011, 11:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #120: ETF3: To Kill A Whirlpool

Author: eighttailedfox

Desc:
EightTailedFox Mission 3: To Kill A Whirlpool. You have returned to where you tasted bitter defeat. Now it is time to return the favour. Use the experimental weapons and scrub the world clean of Creeper.

Mare

I Got my revenge!!! Those emitters killed some of my weapons in the first level so I finally got revenge for them.
Nice map, loved it and had fun with conversion bombs, can't wait for the next installment, this level was great!!!
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Mare on August 30, 2011, 12:50:02 AM
I Got my revenge!!! Those emitters killed some of my weapons in the first level so I finally got revenge for them.
Nice map, loved it and had fun with conversion bombs, can't wait for the next installment, this level was great!!!

Glad to hear you liked it. Next map should be up at about dinner tomorrow. After that I'm going to take some time to do the next four.

TonyP2000

Cool map, I am still working on beating it though. Like your first map, I still feel like I am in no real danger.

Also, what is the point of the weak yet 20 health emitter? Trolling? Lolz? It is kind of pointless.
(I have to admit though, I deficited on it by building five nullifiers at once, but it was not like it was emitting enough creeper to flood my infrastructure while I was down. lol)

>Tony
Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

I just beat it. Man,I really took my time with this one; my final time is a testament to that.

I was really bored, so I beat the entire level without using the dark beam...

Awesome story though!
Vote Tony!

DethbyIT

Another excellent game. I'm not very good at multiple assaults, but I did (finally) figure out the secret to attacking the tails of the Whirlpool.

Very nicely put together game - and series.
Thank you for doing it.
dbit

eighttailedfox

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 04, 2011, 05:27:51 PM
Another excellent game. I'm not very good at multiple assaults, but I did (finally) figure out the secret to attacking the tails of the Whirlpool.

Very nicely put together game - and series.
Thank you for doing it.
dbit

It helps that in this map you can take it at your own pace. You can attack one emitter at a time, or go for everything.

DethbyIT

True about that whole "at your own pace" thing.
I'm still trying to figure out that first Whirlpool game and it is kicking my tookus.
dbit

Katra

Fun with conversion bombs.  :D  At one point I think I was advancing on 6 fronts at once. (Gave the pause button a workout.)

btw I had killed the gateway in ETF 1 (after it dug out the critical rock)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Katra on September 06, 2011, 11:30:15 AM
Fun with conversion bombs.  :D  At one point I think I was advancing on 6 fronts at once. (Gave the pause button a workout.)

btw I had killed the gateway in ETF 1 (after it dug out the critical rock)

I am author. I am Canon. Deal with ET.

Katra

;) Just one of those times where a player's strategy and the author's plans don't match up. Good for a laugh.  ;D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!