Banned from uploading maps in colonial space (creeper world 3)

Started by Fast Swimmerboy, January 25, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Swimmerboy

Hi There,

I've been uploading my own comedic campaign for creeper world 3 and after trying to upload the third map, I was given the message 'user blocked'. I was fairly surprised as the content I was uploading was a fairly mild piss-take on the original story and didn't include an excessive use of swear words, if any, can't fully remember.

I hadn't realized there were restrictions on content and as I had not received any notification or prior warning that my creations weren't allowed, I presumed this ban would at least be temporary. However, it has been several days and I am still unable to submit content even though I am now just trying to upload regular maps.

Could you please let me know how long this ban will last for and if it is permanent, is there anyway by which I can apply for a refund? If the game cost a couple of pounds i wouldn't mind so much, but £11 is very steep for the sort of games I used to play on my lunch break in my school years, especially considering I bought fallout 4 on the ps4 for the exact same price.For this price I would expect some notifcation/ explanation system around the submission of content and prohibited content, instead of an instantaneous ban.

Cheers,

J

knucracker

It looks like your maps were redacted and after the third map I added a block.  This is a pretty normal and automatic response on my part, as when a person posts maps that are redacted repeatedly (which is anywhere from 2 upwards in succession for legit reasons) I save myself and others the trouble and just put a block in place. 

Note that anyone is free to make and play any kind of map they like, but I prefer not to host maps at knucklecracker.com that contain content inappropriate for a minor. So you can create maps that contain content you like.  It is the hosting at knucklecracker and serving them to others that I have oversight and responsibility over.

You sound like a smart guy who intended no harm,  so I'm confident you can understand this position.  I have removed the block so you can post maps again if you choose to do so.  If you want a refund and bought the game on steam, then they handle that process (I can't give or deny refunds, I don't even know who buys it on steam).  If you purchased direct through knucklecracker.com, just send a mail to support with your purchase info (include the email you have used to register on these forums) and I will get things squared away.

Fast Swimmerboy

Hi virgilw,

Thank you for your reply, I completely understand. Thank you for unbanning me, I can now upload maps again.

I will be more careful when uploading my maps to knucklecracker from now on.

Kind regards,

Fast Swimmerboy