Custom Map #201: 1.4 The Forest Temple

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2011, 05:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #201: 1.4 The Forest Temple

Author: Link327

Desc:
The first temple you have to rescue. Someone is with you and is protecting you. Find your way to reactivate the Powers of the Forest Temple. Now it's your task to beat your unknown Enemy.

Grun

Ohhhh you are evil, just getting started with this one and every move i make something creeps (pun intended :P ) up on you.

Having great fun with this one and sure will take a few runs to work out tactics, good job.

Only thing from looking at the map the bottom section may be a bit of a grind and not necessary but will get back to you on that once i completed.

Thanks Grun

mpete

probably not intended
Spoiler
shields in the corners
[close]
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Grun

ok I completed and as mentioned befor great map spent about 3 hrs with restarts on it :P

Just a few things for future maps....

I think the last 2 emmiters and drones not needed, would have been better without IMO as they not challanging just time consuming.

Spoiler
The 2 enclosed creeper which you need to teleport anti creeper is again just time consuming and there no indication of what to do which could confuse people, spoiler tag just incase.
[close]

But other than that not many things I can think off, but got to say great use of the fields for the outside creeper and the creeper wall blocking you off below. I may seem to be being critical but the first 15-20 min was deffently one of best maps I played so far and want you to make more hopefully with considerations of this feedback :) .

Thanks Grun

Link327

Well, you must know, taht the whole campaign is already completed.
Meaning there are already maps 1.1-1.10
(1.11 is in work by a friend of me, Ebon_Heart, And will be more epic as any other map of the campaign :D)
I just have to replay them cause I did some minor changes to them.
1.5 is on the way, these rooms with enclosed Creeper will be repeated in maps 1.4-1.7
It just like a tradition, has something to do with the story, which i didnt mention in the descriptions or dialogs.
Refilling these rooms with "Good Power" (AC) rebuilds the temple's Banning Power.
If you didnt read the Story, nvm xD
In mission 1.7 these rooms will be at top and they will have a specific usability AFTER filling with AC
Link327

PapaBear

Need some help to kill the creeper in the two enclosed creeper rooms - how do I do this??

I read the spoilers above that talk about teleporting anti-creeper into them - how  ??? ???
- amendment = got creeper into the rooms - but map has not 'finished' what have I missed ???

Otherwise a great map - the final wave(s) of aliens could be less frequent but much tougher - ie. it takes timing to get into the the lower chambers.. just an idea.
"Life is but a game" - play on...

Link327

There are some little caves (3x1) from beginning on. Put AC into them, fields will automatically port them into these rooms.
Link327

DethbyIT

Quote from: Link327 on September 15, 2011, 10:27:05 AM
There are some little caves (3x1) from beginning on. Put AC into them, fields will automatically port them into these rooms.

I don't understand what that means.
What little caves, and how do you put AC in them?

I have taken out all the creeper and have 6 Maker's pumping AC all over the map, but nothing is happening  in the sealed rooms.

Ebon Heart

Look at it in the editor, see where the fields are. *almost resists teasing, but fails* and while you're there, why don't you try to make your own custom map? Lmao.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

DethbyIT

Don't have an editor.
Any other suggestions?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 15, 2011, 08:08:35 PM
Don't have an editor.
Any other suggestions?
problem solved It's free to download, pretty self explanatory, and fun to use. And if you need help, there's always a guide here Yay hyperlinks! lol. Just make sure view fields is on, and click on auto advance on the bottom for fields, watch what's going on. You can even go to the field tab and find the fields that teleport Anti Creeper.

DethbyIT

Aha!
It took me awhile to figure that tool out, but now I've got it.
Calling it a night, but will restart the game in the morning and give it another go.
Thanks for the assist.
dbit

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 15, 2011, 08:46:59 PM
Aha!
It took me awhile to figure that tool out, but now I've got it.
Calling it a night, but will restart the game in the morning and give it another go.
Thanks for the assist.
dbit
Any time. And I can see you're still not giving in to the idea of creating a custom map... :/

DethbyIT

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 15, 2011, 10:16:07 PM
Any time. And I can see you're still not giving in to the idea of creating a custom map... :/

Dirty Harry said it best:
"A man's gotta know his own limitations."

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 16, 2011, 08:12:46 AM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 15, 2011, 10:16:07 PM

Dirty Harry said it best:
"A man's gotta know his own limitations."
So try it and see if it really is a limitation. :P