Custom Map #9521: Free Will 6 - maybe one trick. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, June 07, 2021, 05:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9521: Free Will 6 - maybe one trick

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 100x150

Desc:
you get no weapons at the beginning and you can't pick any up later. Oh well. but it's super easy, try!

Altren

marvinitfox

I still do not get this map.

The *only* way to destroy or impede the oncoming enemy creep is by using the AC from the selfdestructing runners.

The tempo of AC creation is less than the tempo of creep leaking in.
If i just sit there, eventually the map is pure creeper.

I could snuggle in a base, build sprayers, and send them out.. but not enough to conquer anything, and this export of AC just hastens the flood of creeper incoming.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on June 09, 2021, 05:06:35 AM
I still do not get this map.

The *only* way to destroy or impede the oncoming enemy creep is by using the AC from the selfdestructing runners.

The tempo of AC creation is less than the tempo of creep leaking in.
If i just sit there, eventually the map is pure creeper.

I could snuggle in a base, build sprayers, and send them out.. but not enough to conquer anything, and this export of AC just hastens the flood of creeper incoming.

what if you... hmm just ignore the oncoming creep for as long as you can and ...
Spoiler
the small island is key, I think
[close]

but thank you for playing

CharlieMartini

It seems I am not the only who struggles to enjoy your creations. Most of the ratings for those puzzles are all below 5. Maybe you should rethink your designs if you'd prefer more universal appeal. They often look interesting but as others have indicated with the low ratings, unpopular.

Martin Gronsdal

If I would want appeal, I'd make well balanced CSM-maps (if I could figure it out)

anyway - thank you for playing (if you did play)

Altren

Quote from: CharlieMartini on June 09, 2021, 05:18:52 PM
It seems I am not the only who struggles to enjoy your creations. Most of the ratings for those puzzles are all below 5. Maybe you should rethink your designs if you'd prefer more universal appeal. They often look interesting but as others have indicated with the low ratings, unpopular.
I disagree with that. Martin's maps are always creative and unique, but they are also hardcore and/or with lots of puzzles. They have low rating, because they are from a common gameplay and are not designed for many players.
So I'd rather say that nothing need to be changed, because otherwise we'll loose unique kind of maps. Keep them coming, Martin!

Altren

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 09, 2021, 05:47:52 AM
what if you... hmm just ignore the oncoming creep for as long as you can and ...
Spoiler
the small island is key, I think
[close]
I don't find this hint useful at all. Also I claimed big island first, because I thought it would be easier to have some space.
Anyway, here's two more hints for those who can't win:
Spoiler
Berthas can give you more space to build more Berthas, that will give you more space to build more Berthas, that ...
[close]
Endgame part require :
Spoiler
singularity for progress
[close]

Altren

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 09, 2021, 05:27:43 PM
If I would want appeal, I'd make well balanced CSM-maps (if I could figure it out)

anyway - thank you for playing (if you did play)
That might be the first CMS map with low rating ;)
That might be another masterpiece, though.