Custom Map #10294: TEST BED. By: oldnewby

Started by AutoPost, September 27, 2022, 08:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10294: TEST BED

Author: oldnewby
Size: 128x84

Desc:
Could not believe a played CW3 all these years without noticing this...

oldnewby

Honoring the Martin Gronsdal post in Map #10264: Sierpinski. By: BC...  Looking closely at his map... Noticed how his packets are moving away from the Command Ship....   Eureka!!!    NEW INFO TO ME   Thank you Martin!!!

TEST BED map #10294 was created to see if units other than the collector and the relay would pass packets... The interesting fact to observe... is yes... all the units shown on the map... passed packets to build and energize the nullifiers...
Why is this important???? I no longer need to install as many collectors and relays in the restricted space in map #10287... Unfortunately... the test bed also shows that the test units only act as intermediary transmitters between two distant collectors...
Perhaps more important... the test bed proved that jumping units also transmit packets... much like the jumping Command Ships do in map #10287... Potentially, this may help fully charge units without the runners interfering with the sparse energy packers from the Command Ships.... My failed attempts to date were partially due to packet destruction when runners paralyzed my collectors...

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: oldnewby on September 28, 2022, 03:29:46 PMHonoring the Martin Gronsdal post in Map #10264: Sierpinski. By: BC...  Looking closely at his map... Noticed how his packets are moving away from the Command Ship....  Eureka!!!    NEW INFO TO ME  Thank you Martin!!!

TEST BED map #10294 was created to see if units other than the collector and the relay would pass packets... The interesting fact to observe... is yes... all the units shown on the map... passed packets to build and energize the nullifiers...
Why is this important???? I no longer need to install as many collectors and relays in the restricted space in map #10287... Unfortunately... the test bed also shows that the test units only act as intermediary transmitters between two distant collectors...
Perhaps more important... the test bed proved that jumping units also transmit packets... much like the jumping Command Ships do in map #10287... Potentially, this may help fully charge units without the runners interfering with the sparse energy packers from the Command Ships.... My failed attempts to date were partially due to packet destruction when runners paralyzed my collectors...

thank you for nice words!

also, guppies act in a similar fashion!

oldnewby

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 28, 2022, 05:37:48 PM
Quote from: oldnewby on September 28, 2022, 03:29:46 PMHonoring the Martin Gronsdal post in Map #10264: Sierpinski. By: BC...  Looking closely at his map... Noticed how his packets are moving away from the Command Ship....  Eureka!!!    NEW INFO TO ME  Thank you Martin!!!

thank you for nice words!

also, guppies act in a similar fashion!
Your "Educational Guppy-Grid" Map #9834 Boot Camp by Martin Gronsdal.... taught that lesion very well... Thank You!