Bug: Inception: Daisy Chain: Boosters don't increase particle lifetime

Started by Omegatron, January 21, 2018, 10:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omegatron

I may just be misunderstanding how Booster ships work but I thought the dialogue when you pick one up said that they would increase the lifetime of particles they boosted. In the attached save file there's a booster near the bottom of the map with particles expiring just beyond it. If you move the booster the particles still expire in the same place. I'm on version 1.1.4 on Steam.

Karsten75

Hmm ...  aren't booster ships in the Exchange? If so they are not part of the official supported part of the game. You're best off contacting the map author and inquiring directly from them.

GoodMorning

The map in question is Inception - Daisy Chain by planetfall.

I've read the script, and it does indeed boost particle lifetime, although not very noticeably.

Either way, the chances of a fix at this point are such that a personal-lightning-rod battery charger starts to look like a good investment.

That's about all the advice I can offer.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

If it is a map in the exchange, it can't be "fixed" per se, since the onus for making changes rest on Planetfall, the mapmaker. He's active and around, but if he choose to do so, the map will, in essence become a different map and hence the fix will never apply to the current map under discussion. On that basis, your consideration of a personal lighting rod becomes moot, no?

GoodMorning

What I meant was - this is not an Exchange map. It is "built in" in Inception, the PF equivalent of the Alpha Sector. CW3 still has some Alpha maps which are broken. And yes, editing the map makes it a different map.

On that basis, the best hope for a fix is cosmic rays flipping bits in your hard drive. So, the lightning-rod charger is rather more likely.

Clarity problem? I, a clarity problem? Surely not.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75