Patch 363 changed pause status

Started by burguertime, October 16, 2011, 01:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

With patch 363, every time a conversation ends pause status is cancelled and game starts running again.

This is somewhat annoying.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Grauniad

Is this in all map types (Story, bonus and custom)? Can you give me an instance of a map you observed this on?

Here is what I'm confused about. If the conversation is as a result of retrieving an artifact, then the game necessarily is not in pause when the conversation starts. The game pauses in the background while the conversation is active, but will resume when the conversation is dismissed.  I just tested and this works.  How are you getting a paused game to enter a conversation?

I also tested the opening dialog of a game, and if the game was paused before the opening dialog begins, the pause status is maintained.

Since Virgil didn't do anything in this area (AFAIK), I don't see how this could have been broken and my testing does not find anything broken.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

weekendgamer

I find it annoying too, because, if I use "next frame" I would like that function to still be in effect even after a conversation, unlike now, the game resumes after the conversation instead of staying in pause.
Sorry for the late replies.