[UNMARKED SPOILERS]Stuck loading screen on the final mission

Started by Omegatron, October 08, 2013, 04:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omegatron

On the final mission of the story mode I saved the game (into slot 0) a few frames before the choice to choose to join the Loki or to remain as Abraxis, I chose Abraxis and played through to that end of the mission (saving the game into slots 1 and 2 along the way).

Just before I destroyed the nexus I saved again (into slot 3) and then destroyed it and watched the epilogue. I then reloaded slot 0 and chose the Loki ending which I did without overwriting any other saves.

After watching the epilogue for that ending I reloaded slot 3 so I could read the dialogue from the Abraxis ending again but the loading screen froze with the bar empty. If I put my mouse in the right place I could see the hover over information from a spore tower but the loading screen was still there. I had to close the game (which made it autosave in slot 0 I think). I can upload all five saves if that is useful (and I can find where the saves are kept).

Omegatron

Here are the save games for that mission, there is a system.dat file in the same folder (story_6), do you need that too?

Clean0nion

Quote from: Omegatron on October 13, 2013, 07:33:25 AM
Here are the save games for that mission, there is a system.dat file in the same folder (story_6), do you need that too?

Downloaded. I have the same bug too - if I were you, I'd delete that save.

Grauniad

I believe this may be a manifestation of an issue we discovered on the day of release. Virgil is out of pocket until Tuesday or so, but I'm going to move this thread to Support so he can have a look at it when he returns.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

The bug is caused by saving the game while there are Thor main cannon bullets on the map.  This will be corrected in the upcoming first patch.