Mac, now hangs at launch, "Jumping ...."

Started by Ralph, November 17, 2016, 10:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

The Mac dreaded spinning beach ball appears on the "Jumping ..." screen, and stays this way for minutes, until I "force quit".

Under Steam, I have deleted local content, and re-installed, and I'm still having the problem.

The game was running fine till now. I don't know of anything that has changed, other that the last time I played I clicked "don't show me this again" for the notes on the 1.02 upgrade. Unity log attached.

a) Steam version.
b) Mac OS, 10.11.6
c) Desktop
d) Hackintosh, 8G ram, 2500K 3.32GHz processor (core i5), AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB (I think it is a 6050.)

knucracker

Have you completely restarted the steam client?  A full reboot would do that (and other things).  So if you haven't tried that, give that a shot.  The end of the log complains about: "Assertion Failed: fatal stalled cross-thread pipe"  which sounds like an interprocess communication error that would be treated by a full reboot.

Ralph

That is likely. I tried to run another game later (after my post), and it wouldn't start either, but it was one that I hadn't used before. Due to some other stuff, I wasn't able to reboot last night.

In the past, I've seen flaky things with Steam on the Mac, like games wouldn't start running because they were already running, even if they were not. (I know, get a real computer. :)

I'll try again after a reboot this weekend. Hope to direct my fleet a little before relatives start showing up.

Ralph

Yep. All is well after a reboot, and I feel silly.

Karsten75

Reboots solve 99% (or more) issues, and especially in the case of "it worked before.."   :)