Calculations on a completely filled map

Started by Karsten75, September 09, 2010, 10:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Like I said it's not about speed now. When I'd like to fill my screen as fast as possible I'd add all units one by one to avoid a deficit.

We're currently talking about the maximum energy collection without stacking units on top of eachother.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: J on September 12, 2010, 12:46:52 PM
May you build everithing faster if OC was located on a corner.
Why... If OC is connected to 4 collectors and 12 reactors, OC will use only 0.8 energy for a longer time than a connection with only 6 reactors and 1 collector.

The cure for that is to control the initial build-out around OC unitl energy production picks up.

UpperKEES

Karsten, did you save that map by any chance? If so, please post it here so I can run it again without upgrades and maybe with a few adjustments.... (Yeah, I'm lazy. ;))

Karsten75

Sorry, it was just an empty map. I didn't create it with the units placed, I find that too hard in the map editor.

UpperKEES

Okay, I created the map (with some adjustments) in the map editor this time (see attachment).

The map contains 16 collectors = 16 * 45 * 0.004 = 2.88 energy and 738 reactors = 738 * 0.3 = 221.4 energy.
Odin City produces 0.876 energy, which makes a total of 2.88 + 221.4 + 0.876 = 225.156 energy.
After applying the +10% energy upgrade this comes to 225.156 * 1.1 = 247.6716 (truncated to 247.6).

When we look at the screeny CW turns out to work fine. :)

Edit: I just read back the first post of this topic by Karsten and he was collecting more energy than me! So relays are obviously not the way to go. :-\

Fisherck

Okay, here is my try. 250.2 energy! I think that is the best yet. ;D (Wow, I must be bored)

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Karsten75

Quote from: Fisherck on September 13, 2010, 10:23:02 AM
Okay, here is my try. 250.2 energy! I think that is the best yet. ;D (Wow, I must be bored)

Yes, but I think you stacked the totem on top of Odin City?

Fisherck

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Karsten75

UpperKEES

Shift everything 1 block to the left and to the top and you'll collect a little more (2 * 5 * 0.004), as the projection area of Odin City is partially off screen. Moving OC to the top left is probably easiest to achieve this, which will also space OC and the nearest collector a few blocks further, giving a little more energy as well.

Besides this you have to remove 1 reactor, because it's not allowed to stack the totem on top of OC (just noticed Karsten already mentions this in his last post).

Fisherck

What, now there are rules!? Fine, if I move the totem, I get 149.8.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on September 13, 2010, 10:56:59 AM
What, now there are rules!?

Not exactly rules, but we just wanted to find out what the maximum collection would be when playing normally. When you can stack a totem, you could stack reactors as well, so the maximum collection would be unlimited.

Quote from: Fisherck on September 13, 2010, 10:56:59 AM
Fine, if I move the totem, I get 149.8.

Yep, you're still in the lead, but more would be possible as you can read in my previous post. If you post your map here it would be easy to check the max.

SPIFFEN

I've made an map to test it also =)
And now during waiting it to be build ,
i notice that i have some energy in storage ,
but the deficit is huge =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on September 13, 2010, 12:02:35 PM
I've made an map to test it also =)
And now during waiting it to be build ,
i notice that i have some energy in storage ,
but the deficit is huge =P

Recall that OC can only send out a maximum of 32 packets. If you collect more energy than that, it goes into storage, but cannot reduce the deficit.

So since you have a storage unit, you can have 40 units in storage, but 32 are being sent out, so you will always have 8 or 9 in storage.

mthw2vc

I suppose then that it's time for me to reveal yet another of my almost completely useless lesser known tricks... The attached map should get you to 250.6 collection after you get the 10% more energy upgrade and doesn't require stacking.