What is KnuckleCracker up to?

Started by kwerle, November 09, 2014, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwerle

It's been more than a year since CW3 has been released - and it is still one of my most often played games.

Still - I wonder what KnuckleCracker is up to.  It's been quite a while since we've heard anything.  Is there a CW4 in the works?  iOS port?  Something else?

kwinse

Last we heard, he's experimenting with something and hopes to have an announcement video up sometime this month or the next.

knucracker

Yep... I've been quiet but I've been anything but idle.  I like to work, experiment, prototype... and only once I'm fairly certain talk about things publicly.  I can say I've been working on new RTS elements and game play.  The next game won't be CW4, but anybody playing the game will be able to tell it's one of mine.... and I hope fans of the CW series will like this one as well.

More details in the coming weeks...

stdout

Jacobkolstad

Quote from: virgilw on November 09, 2014, 07:35:48 PM
Yep... I've been quiet but I've been anything but idle.  I like to work, experiment, prototype... and only once I'm fairly certain talk about things publicly.  I can say I've been working on new RTS elements and game play.  The next game won't be CW4, but anybody playing the game will be able to tell it's one of mine.... and I hope fans of the CW series will like this one as well.

More details in the coming weeks...
At last a sequel to Whiteboard War Chopraider?

knucracker

Not ChopRaider...  something entirely new.

Here's a zoomed in teaser shot of some of the new experiments.  Note that the graphics are all stubs and many of them are borrowed from CW3.  So this is not representative of the final or intended graphics.

Mexxor

Quote from: virgilw on November 15, 2014, 10:05:47 AM

Here's a zoomed in teaser shot of some of the new experiments.  Note that the graphics are all stubs and many of them are borrowed from CW3.  So this is not representative of the final or intended graphics.

Seems like you can customize spaceships? and fight something? looks cool :D
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

Asbestos

It looks a lot like Upgrade Complete.

planetfall

The Enterprise vs. Giant Proteins In Space?
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: planetfall on November 15, 2014, 01:57:49 PM
The Enterprise vs. Giant Proteins In Space?

With a side order of GSB (Gratuitous Space Battles).

Virgil looked at Thor, and saw that it was good....

Looks like the 'physics based game' genre is going to get a workout.

Sweet - this is what Virgil excels at.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Jacobkolstad

Quote from: virgilw on November 15, 2014, 10:05:47 AM

Still into futuristic spaceship weaponry fighting organic masses? :P

Lost in Nowhere

That looks amazing, whatever it is exactly.
Don't die! :)

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Cavemaniac

A single image of what the game will definitely NOT look like.

Teaser?

Check.

Exhilaration levels barely contained?

Check.

Kirk out.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

pawel345

Looks like some kind of bullet hell? Where do I sign up for the beta? or alpha? or anything? And just take my money already.