Custom Map #182: Day 21: A second base

Started by AutoPost, September 11, 2011, 09:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #182: Day 21: A second base

Author: J

Desc:
Rifted to the wrong place.. In the middle of the second base of the Styglek Consortium.. THIS MAP ISN'T SUPPORTED BY KNUCKLECRACKER!!! This map is NOT an original story mission! KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS!

DDarkJared

Ebon Heart

Rush the top emitter, and get your dark beam before it all goes wrong... Also, try to destroy the creeper around the nexus right away if you can. :P I'm sure it's possible... I haven't been able to do it yet though.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kithros

While I'm almost certain this was not the intended way...

Spoiler
[close]

I managed to get the dark beam tech before the drones started being aggressive (aside from a few drones which I killed with shields), and it's pretty straightforward once you get dark beams. I was pretty sloppy so my time could easily be improved on.

Ebon Heart

A: where'd all that AC come from?
B: where'd all the Emitters come from? Lol. On the version I played there was only one emitter... So disregard my previous advice.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kithros

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 11, 2011, 11:02:08 PM
A: where'd all that AC come from?
B: where'd all the Emitters come from? Lol. On the version I played there was only one emitter... So disregard my previous advice.

All the other emitters are 0 intensity (I'm assuming at some point during the mission they activate so they remove some of the creeper around them), and the anti-creeper comes from the area with all the crystals - there's 200M density anti-creeper all along that area.

EDIT: If people want to play it more normally, I would recommend building a maker to vacuum some of the anti-creeper at the top-left corner and then using a bunch of creeper makers to defend from the projectiles - I don't think they reach very high densities for quite some time so that should give ample time to build up. If you play it normally you will need an absurd number of blasters before letting the gateway dig to the nexus since you won't be able to rush to the dark beam, and you shold be sure to have all important techs upgraded before then, and have all your weapons built beforehand. The anti-creeper will teleport away when the nexus finishes, but by then you should hopefully have a solid energy base and put your makers on a lower setting and start being offensive.

RichieRich

J

Quote from: RichieRich on September 12, 2011, 07:51:35 AM
What a brilliant level. Thanks.
The AC in the top-left corner is teleported near the nexus to slow down the drones, you shouldn't vacuum more then 4M/subcell away.
The emitters in the top part start at 10:00. The emitter in the lower part will start after 20 mins. They only let 1K creeper pass.

lich98

This map was awesome. My advice, I would like a day 22
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: lich98 on September 12, 2011, 04:40:41 PM

I agree..... I got to around 20 minutes and then my computer locked up when I destroyed the nexus.. ugh!!

Spoiler
You definitely need to hit the bottom section by the four minute mark to at least get the conversion bombs
[close]

Buck

How do you get through the grey stone with the blue x in it? 

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

J

Quote from: Buck on September 12, 2011, 09:54:59 PM
How do you get through the grey stone with the blue x in it? 
Make a open connection from the gateway to that spot, the enemy dig packets (friendly here) can't go through AC
Quote from: lich98 on September 12, 2011, 04:40:41 PM
I'm hardly working on Day 22: Rescue

BayernBursche

ok, how do you dig to the left side so fast, just digging I end up at ~4:30, but at this  time the gooze has closed out around the bomb or laser.