Topic unreasonably locked - please reopen

Started by Timwi, February 17, 2010, 11:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timwi

I asked a question on this forum recently:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=738.0

A moderator went in and locked the thread for no reason. Please kindly re-open the thread so that Virgil can give a response to the question. Thanks!

Siccles

you already have a thread about the topic and decided to open another one.

that`s a good enough reason to lock it for me

Timwi

Fair enough. In that case, perhaps the moderator should have linked to the other thread, and/or moved the thread to the right forum.

djcian

yeah, we moderators sometimes forget to put links.  and since Virgil is the administrator it doesn't matter if we lock a thread he can still post wherever he pleases.

also the moderator who locked it probably did not feel the need to move it if it was just going to get locked anyways.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

JACKL

yeah,it would make sense that if i designed this site to not have a few mods be able to lock me out of a part of my own website.
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.