Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katra

Heaven  large/high  9.4m surface emitter, zero G, and nowhere to dig in due to creeper pools just below surface on both sides. And -if you survive that long - phantoms and a 56.7m emitter below one layer of decaying ground.

screenshot is my best try - got one crystal which allowed me to get shields up, but I couldn't dig to the other crystals before they failed.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Evil Roc

Quote from: J on July 11, 2011, 03:41:31 AM
Quote from: J
yellow party from large/high
10305K surface emitter, no crystals (there is one but you can't get it before the creeper comes), experimentals, 0g, last build spot is gone in 50 seconds.
Best try: 1:30 (LS died a few seconds before this)
Quote from: J
linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk - large/high
13713K emitter on surface, very fast drones with 7 hp will come after one minute, all build spots gone in 30 seconds. My best try was just moving to upper left corner (1:15)
Please beat these for me! I can't.

Doubt these are possible, emitters are to strong and to close to surface so can't run and dig and can't block them with shields...

TonyP2000

Quote from: Evil Roc on July 10, 2011, 01:40:41 PM

Not a god at all, but map is beatable, though tricky.

Have to quickly lock the emitter with 3 shields at start and keep building more shields as these decay. If allowed to erupt into open it would be unstopable considering how little space you have. After putting 3 shields I moved LS left to collect gems and tech boost (used for +10% reactor efficiency). Then pumped reactors till energy output reached reach level needed to feed dark beam, after that it was routine from there on. See screenshot for position right before dark beam gets online for me:

Thanks for an interesting map, took me a good set of tries :)

*slow claps*  ;)
Vote Tony!

MadMag

Now.. This is unbeatable :)

9139719875 small/high & medium/high

So is this one:

456879872313201245879321031879854106 small/high

Mare

Quote from: MadMag on July 14, 2011, 04:07:51 PM
Now.. This is unbeatable :)

9139719875 small/high & medium/high
That scares me how there are two titan surface emitters...
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Katra

Yavin 4  large/high Gravity right, build left, room for only 5 reactors, surface emitter and continuous stream of drones. I can manage a stalemate until the sky fills up after something over 10 minutes but can't build up enough firepower to get anywhere with an offensive.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Kithros

Quote from: Katra on July 14, 2011, 10:38:50 PM
Yavin 4  large/high Gravity right, build left, room for only 5 reactors, surface emitter and continuous stream of drones. I can manage a stalemate until the sky fills up after something over 10 minutes but can't build up enough firepower to get anywhere with an offensive.

Possible - the key to this one is to pick up both technytes quickly and get 2x reactor efficiency upgrades, and energy storage with whatever is left. After that move over to the left, build shields to stop drones until you have 4 reactors built, then a blaster, then a launcher - once the launcher has been firing for a bit you'll be able to build a 5th reactor. From there you want to build up a few weapons ahead of time, and let your energy storage max out before going on the offensive:

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't play it out after this, after that emitter is nullified there won't be anything remotely threatening.

Lord_Farin

Now and then I feel like doing a hard map, and then I get into this topic to find yet-to-be-beaten ones. However, as I am annoyed by having to look through the thread to see if anyone has managed to complete it already, I thought it would be nice to have a list of completed and uncompleted maps. Stricken-through ones have been completed, in order of appearance:
Boo Large/High
may let here Large/High
Too Fast Large/High
destroyed any setting
Its a trap Large/High
theres a cave here Large/High (reported beatable)
Beam me up scotty! Large/High (reported beatable)
this is easy Large/High (reported beatable)
yes we can Large/any complexity
blue may away Large/High
omnomnomnomnomn Large/High
inter Large/High
Creeper World Rocksssssssssssssssssssssssssss Large/High
111111111111g Large/High
Rho Rho Upsilon Large/High (reported beatable)
2367 Large/High (reported beatable)
rotfl Medium/High
reer Medium/High
iate any setting
day of fun X Large/High (reported beatable)
popcorn Large/High
is rain paper Medium/High (reported beatable)
to red once Large/High
209 Large/High
rain here jump Large/High
qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,. Large/High
hard hard hard hard hard Large/High
little find snow Large/High (reported beatable)
Psi Delta Alpha Large/High
Asobimashou Large/High
walk for said Large/High
Mars Large/High
July 4, 2011 Small/High
chair think shoe Large/High
Vulcan Large/High (reported beatable)
July 5, 2011 Medium/High
July 5, 2011 Large/High
An Interesting View Large/High
to we is Small/High
9511 Large/High
Spoiler
Shitstorm Safari Large/High
[close]
(mind the somewhat dirty language)
floor song hill Small/High
yellow party from Large/High
linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk Large/High
game car look Small/High
Heaven Large/High
9139719875 Small/High
9139719875 Medium/High
456879872313201245879321031879854106 Small/High
Yavin 4 Large/High

As one can see, plenty of work remains :)
Hopefully, this list will be amended and re-posted as the thread progresses. Also, please correct any errors or inaccuracies (digging through 10 pages is bound to yield errors...)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Emmote

8  any/high

Surface emitter, gateway and a lot of drones.
Even on large the surface emitter isn't too bad. It's the drones that hurt.

Doubt if it's impossible, but for me it is.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Vexsin

a fitting name for this one (for those that know what it is)

code: I Wanna Be The Guy

2 surface emitters + surface drones. Building area covered in ~20 seconds

Can't get shields in place to hold creeper underground, it erupts in about 3 seconds

MadMag

@Emmote

8 Impossible? must be some of the easiest maps I`ve played..

@Vexsin

You have time to place shields.

Mare

Quote from: Lord_Farin on July 15, 2011, 09:38:46 AM
Now and then I feel like doing a hard map, and then I get into this topic to find yet-to-be-beaten ones. However, as I am annoyed by having to look through the thread to see if anyone has managed to complete it already, I thought it would be nice to have a list of completed and uncompleted maps. Stricken-through ones have been completed, in order of appearance:
Boo Large/High
may let here Large/High
Too Fast Large/High
destroyed any setting
Its a trap Large/High
theres a cave here Large/High (reported beatable)
Beam me up scotty! Large/High (reported beatable)
this is easy Large/High (reported beatable)
yes we can Large/any complexity
blue may away Large/High
omnomnomnomnomn Large/High
inter Large/High
Creeper World Rocksssssssssssssssssssssssssss Large/High
111111111111g Large/High
Rho Rho Upsilon Large/High (reported beatable)
2367 Large/High (reported beatable)
rotfl Medium/High
reer Medium/High
iate any setting
day of fun X Large/High (reported beatable)
popcorn Large/High
is rain paper Medium/High (reported beatable)
to red once Large/High
209 Large/High
rain here jump Large/High
qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,. Large/High
hard hard hard hard hard Large/High
little find snow Large/High (reported beatable)
Psi Delta Alpha Large/High
Asobimashou Large/High
walk for said Large/High
Mars Large/High
July 4, 2011 Small/High
chair think shoe Large/High
Vulcan Large/High (reported beatable)
July 5, 2011 Medium/High
July 5, 2011 Large/High
An Interesting View Large/High
to we is Small/High
9511 Large/High
Spoiler
Shitstorm Safari Large/High
[close]
(mind the somewhat dirty language)
floor song hill Small/High
yellow party from Large/High
linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk Large/High
game car look Small/High
Heaven Large/High
9139719875 Small/High
9139719875 Medium/High
456879872313201245879321031879854106 Small/High
Yavin 4 Large/High

As one can see, plenty of work remains :)
Hopefully, this list will be amended and re-posted as the thread progresses. Also, please correct any errors or inaccuracies (digging through 10 pages is bound to yield errors...)

Your work is very much appreciated!! My parents have been dragging me around lately to places so I don't have enough time to go through the topic and make a list. I will credit you for this on the first page and if possible (Depending on how much time I have) I will try to update it.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Emmote

Quote from: MadMag on July 15, 2011, 10:07:40 AM
@Emmote

Better than me then... I really cannot deal with those drones.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Kithros

Quote from: Emmote on July 15, 2011, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: MadMag on July 15, 2011, 10:07:40 AM
@Emmote

Better than me then... I really cannot deal with those drones.

When dealing with surface gateways, shields are very good. Every shield will be able to kill 4 drones (4 HP) as long as no creeper etc. interferes, which gives you time to build up since shields only cost 5 energy. In the worst cases you might need to fly the LS around to distract the early drones - the LS moves just as fast as normal drones so it can potentially do this indefinitely, but it gets quite tedious.

Lord_Farin

I just beat theres a cave here Large/High, which was reported beatable earlier on.
A simple dig-in sufficed. The most worth mentioning, and what I didn't notice earlier, is that the LS is actually capable of moving through dark beams... Strange to me, but it came in handy to deal with the creeper at the top of the map (as it was 0G).

At least, one more 'impossible map' can be stricken from the list  :)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!