Main Menu

Save maps

Started by cclloyd9785, August 18, 2011, 05:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I think you should be able to save story/bonus maps, and code maps from the Game menu, so that you can base custom maps off of it.

Michionlion

there's a way to do this, but i sorta hesitate to say, because its a way you can cheat.  I'l pm virgil with it and see if its ok to post...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

You can open any saved game in the editor. This will allow you to study it or even create a new map from it. Saving it will however give it a new unique ID, so it can't be used to cheat.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

ah... i didn't know that. good
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

so if you complete a story map that has been saved, edited, then played again, it will act as a custome map?
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

Yep, but of course you will only be able to see your score online if that map has been uploaded and approved.

Ranakastrasz

Sounds like the ID is saved in the map, And unless it is a check-sum, I imagine it would be possible to manually edit it, if you had the skills ofc.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on August 18, 2011, 06:14:58 PM
Sounds like....

Sounds like.... you're guessing a lot lately. Let's keep it like that. :P

Echo51

The checksum is generated based on what the map CONTAINS, therefor, you'd need to find a hash collision before you could cheat anything ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 19, 2011, 01:51:51 AM
Quote from: Ranakastrasz on August 18, 2011, 06:14:58 PM
Sounds like....

Sounds like.... you're guessing a lot lately. Let's keep it like that. :P
XD
Quote from: Echo51 on August 19, 2011, 01:57:20 AM
The checksum is generated based on what the map CONTAINS, therefor, you'd need to find a hash collision before you could cheat anything ;)
Or until you locate the checksum, and go through all possibilities, and figure out how it is generated (might happen someday, but would likely take a while)