How do you trick Drones?

Started by Cotters, May 16, 2011, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotters

To conclude all the mostly/partly incorrect, blatantly wrong, stuff i'v mentioned(and have been removing when appropriate).  Totally sorry about that btw. :-[
     Thanx to you all, iv learned: drones avoid Anti-creeper, Drones pick targets if separated by terrain from the rest of the map when the terrain is removed, drones pick targets randomly- and more than 1 can lock on to the same target, to what extent drones avoid anti-creeper, when they do and don't use rifts, that they don't target un-built/or things built after they lock on, and basically how they work.
Iv had this interest seance i started playing and wondered why the drones sometimes did things that i could not explain. Before i knew all of that, i was mystified by that drone who decided not do to threw a rift, or the seemingly smart drone that changed course and caused all kinds of destruction. It was fun trying to figure them out, knowing little about them. Drones are an awesome and cool part of the game, and i love how dynamic they can be.

Drones are sooo cool! :D, and you'r all cool too! couldn't have made the following work without your help.

Completed whack-a-mole strategy:
First of all, this strategy has no real advantage, but it is fun. Second, someone probably already came up with this strategy, using it exactly-or similarly to the one described.
Works when you have a swarm of drones in an isolated chamber. A tunnel is built and flooded with anti-creeper. The tunnel should be one block away from puncturing the camber. A rift is made at the closest point of the tunnel. Put nothing in the tunnel that is built, and keep it that way. Build at least one rift in a clearing that is closest to where the tunnel-trap is. Make sure the tunnel trap is 1/3 or more the length to the nearest structure to a rift along the path the drones could take. Build/move an appropriate amount of blasters  around the rift(s) to be used in the trap, and turn off all rift(s) not being used. All of that can be dune in any order. Once dune, remove last block and enjoy the drones all massing threw the rift and being bombarded with laser fire at the other end. NOTE on pictures, they are of the drones flying into a rift trap, what happens when they do, and of setting it up. On the setup-tunnel one, the maker was moved further back up the tunnel before it was opened.

Cotters

Noticed something new... I had C-bombs traveling toward drones moving in the opposit direction. And in the middle, a shield block. They all collided at the same point over the shield block, and one of the c-bombs moved over the drones!

Well, i shouldn't say "drones", as it makes it sounds like a lot of drones.. when there was only 2. Anyway, dose this mean what i think it means? that if a moving unit passes over a shield block at the same time a drone hits the shield block.. that the unit gets by the drone without hitting it? Or.. was this situation only applicable to C-bombs, or a fluke event?

Fisherck

From my experience and knowledge, when two or more units, says blasters happen to hit a drone when both are in the same square, both get destroyed. A drone damages one square, so any units in that square get damaged (and usually destroyed).
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kithros

It's worth mentioning that a conversion bomb has enough health that it is possible for it to survive being hit by a drone, as long as the drone doesn't have a lot of health.

Cotters

The weird thing is, BOTH a drone and a C-bomb survived, and passed each other...
Im going to try to re-create the situation and get a screen shot..
2 drones, 50/50 health~ smashing into 3 C-bombs heading the other way.. roughly around the same time, over a shield block...
Never mind...
Must have been a fluke, i can't get it to happen..
Owell,.. Someone: let someone know if this ever happens to you.