Custom Map #7995: Wake Me Up Inside. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, December 12, 2019, 11:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7995: Wake Me Up Inside

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Wake me up inside #Dont Wake me up inside #PleaseDont Call my name and save me from the dark #ItLies Bid my blood to run #ItsNotItsBloodThatWillRun Before I come undone Save me from the nothing I've become #ItsBeenWaiting I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems #ItWillWake Got to open my eyes to everything #ItSeesYou Don't let me die here #ItWillTakeYourPlace Bring, me, to, life #OhWhatHaveYouDone #Sorrontiphobia #CRPL

Sorrontis

Another experiment. It's a bit hard on my laptop, not hard, but my laptop had problems due to the amounts of connections in the map.
Well, good luck. It didn't have the effect I wanted, I'll play with it again, and modify the enemy
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Helper

LOL!
When I first downloaded this morning, I noticed one download and a big fat "1" rating. My first thought was that you're at it again...and I was right. Now you've got three one votes...cool.  8)
So far, I've survived two interesting events.
Here's a non-Spoiler..."Save early and often".
Will play more later,
H

Sorrontis

I plan on remaking this one to be a bit more stressful and significantly less, umm, laggy.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Yes, I'd appreciate much less lag. I decided to go afk and just build up some forge power to help out. So far I've gone about 2.5 hours in the game (mostly afk) without any significant damage. But I realize I need to branch out in order to hit the thing that mysteriously appears for about half a second and then turns into a leeetle spore. And then >poof< it's gone.

I dunno about this one... if there's more threats coming then I'll keep going later. But I'm almost afraid to ask if there are more threats because I know what that will mean for the next map. And it'd probably even be called "More Threats" just out of spite. Or Sprite, since it's the uncola. I can see a map that would uncola-nize (ouch :o) any colony we'd build, and I don't want anyone doing anything out of Sprite. So yeah, I'm not gonna ask.

I was just listening to this song on the radio two days ago, and now it's in my list of maps. I'm beginning to think you have a listening device in my car that broadcasts through a temporal shift in the space-time continuum. Sounds plausible. Hmph.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Hairy

Hit it with nulifiers, beams, snipers ........ nothing.

Covered the map in nodes, cannons, beams

Pretty annoying map :(

Johnny Haywire

I dunno if it helps or not but I did an experiment and managed to take it down using snipers. But it took a looooong time. Easily around 2,000 shots before it died.

I still didn't get a win condition though so I must be missing something.

Sorrontis

I'll load it up, and see what needs to be done.
Actually, can you send me your save file?

Edit:

I've found a potential issue.
If you destroyed it when it shoots a grenade, it's possible that the grenade doesn't get despawned, and I forgot to set them such that they don't count for victory (there's no way to destroy them either).

Johnny Haywire

Ah yeah, I killed a bunch of grenades in my test and left several nullifier beams all over the place until I reloaded. It looked kinda buggy.

So that's probably what it was. I can try doing another test run using only snipers and see if that works.