Started by moo, July 09, 2011, 11:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moo

please add button "`" for pause beside "P"

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Because 'P' is pronounced as 'pee'.

I have to admit that it has bothered me for some time as well. Small children are playing this game too!

"P quickly!", and another household became a mess....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

moo

Quote from: thepenguin on July 09, 2011, 11:29:04 AM
why?
because P is too far away when you use right hand for mouse and left hand for keyboard

Ranakastrasz

Instead, How about the option to customize all hotkeys?

J

Quote from: moo on July 09, 2011, 12:36:49 PM
because P is too far away when you use right hand for mouse and left hand for keyboard
I have my thumb on space and my forefinger on P. I use the ingame tabs to choose buildings.
When I want to build something I press P and if a building is in the way I could easily press space, move it and select the building again.
Works fine!

Echo51

P is the common de-facto button for pausing. P should most always be used for this purpose. Despite, why change just one little thing?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Echo51 on July 10, 2011, 05:31:26 PM
P is the common de-facto button for pausing. P should most always be used for this purpose. Despite, why change just one little thing?

Hence why the ability to customize hot-keys, which is almost a requirement in this day and age, and to allow to please both crowds (ofc just worrying about the pause button itself isnt justification for this feature, but I have at least one more example, In the first game (not the second) the exit full screen hotkey was the same as cancel build hotkey(esc) so it was basically impossible for me to play fullscreen mode, as I always used Esc to deselect, rather than right clicking), would probably be almost purely beneficial. (other than the cost of adding it)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on July 10, 2011, 08:06:43 PM

Hence why the ability to customize hot-keys, which is almost a requirement in this day and age, and to allow to please both crowds (ofc just worrying about the pause button itself isnt justification for this feature, but I have at least one more example, In the first game (not the second) the exit full screen hotkey was the same as cancel build hotkey(esc) so it was basically impossible for me to play fullscreen mode, as I always used Esc to deselect, rather than right clicking), would probably be almost purely beneficial. (other than the cost of adding it)
being able to customize hotkeys would be great.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

moo

true, but i don't want it changed but added
both ` and P for pause :)

Emmote

In both Creeper World's I have barely used any hotkeys, simply because they aren't intuitive to me.
I could use them, but I'd have to have the list of hotkeys displayed beside the game just so I could know what to press.

It has simply been much easier for me to be a "clicker".
The inability to change the hotkeys has been quite disabling.

I would like to see the hotkeys editable, but then again... I'm now a clicker, and regardless I won't be able to get used to playing it with keybinds even if they are made editable.

As for P being pause, that's fine, I guess. But I barely ever pause anyway, so it wouldn't really affect me if only that was changed to also be `.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Emmote on July 11, 2011, 07:21:47 AM
In both Creeper World's I have barely used any hotkeys, simply because they aren't intuitive to me.
I could use them, but I'd have to have the list of hotkeys displayed beside the game just so I could know what to press.

It has simply been much easier for me to be a "clicker".
The inability to change the hotkeys has been quite disabling.

I would like to see the hotkeys editable, but then again... I'm now a clicker, and regardless I won't be able to get used to playing it with keybinds even if they are made editable.

As for P being pause, that's fine, I guess. But I barely ever pause anyway, so it wouldn't really affect me if only that was changed to also be `.
I've had no problem with the hotkeys... and I've got a crappy mouse, so that's better than nothing. My only problem with them is that, for example, A is just too close to the X key, and C is too close to V, it makes it easier to press them, but it also makes it easier to perform the wrong action by mistake.

Echo51

Ebon: are you using a netbook keyboard or smaller? :D

Also, costumizizable keys would be good, but keep in mind this making tutorials and forum based help much worse, due to different keysets.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Emmote

Quote from: Echo51 on July 12, 2011, 05:43:40 PMbut keep in mind this making tutorials and forum based help much worse, due to different keysets.

Chances are, people who require tutorials will be using default key settings, and if not, well, it's more than likely that they'd remember what they rebound their keys to.
So I don't really see much of an issue.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Echo51 on July 12, 2011, 05:43:40 PM
Ebon: are you using a netbook keyboard or smaller? :D

Also, costumizizable keys would be good, but keep in mind this making tutorials and forum based help much worse, due to different keysets.
desktop keyboard, I just have freakishly big hands.