trollolololol map - fastest times

Started by jackmott, October 14, 2013, 09:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmott

If anyone with a sub 59 second time would chime in how they are doing it, I'm super curious =)

jackmott

Quote from: jackmott on October 14, 2013, 09:23:24 AM
If anyone with a sub 59 second time would chime in how they are doing it, I'm super curious =)

mystery solved!
relays, baby.

NFITC1

Spoiler
The trick is to not queue all relays at once. If you try to build them as they're included on the network you'll starve your emitter.
[close]

Ceraus

I'm kind of stumped at the 0:56.4, though; I spent some time perfecting that Collector-Relay setup back then.

Alter Old

Quote from: Ceraus on November 07, 2013, 06:10:32 AM
I'm kind of stumped at the 0:56.4...

The quicker you will construct a chain to a nullifier, the earlier he will begin is under construction, so? You have not an optimum arrangement of the first collector of this chain, so all the rest will be under construction for 0,1 seconds later. Just rearrange first collector on one cell up.
As usual, forgive for my English.

Ceraus

Ah, I get it now, thanks!

I put that Collector low so that the (first) path to the Nullifier is shorter, but I missed that it finishes 1 frame later.

ivan

Sorry for reviving this topic but this map and the leaderboard is driving me mad :)

Any more tips? I tried the example layout and I can't get past 59'

Grayzzur

Quote from: ivan on June 24, 2015, 12:24:29 PM
Sorry for reviving this topic but this map and the leaderboard is driving me mad :)

Any more tips? I tried the example layout and I can't get past 59'
Spoiler
Are you using 2 command nodes?
[close]
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

ivan

D0m0nik

I just entered the DMD area for the first time, never bothered before. I see for this map Alter Old posted 56.4. Is it fair to assume all the times above him are cheating? Or is there some extra trick other than collector and relay placement?