Custom Map #1558: Progenitor 10. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, August 07, 2020, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1558: Progenitor 10

Author: FOXX
Size: 368x129

Desc:
The Progenitor is all that matters. Destroy it and you win the Mission. #EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #EmergentUp #Scripts by Stickman & FOXX

svartmes

Thanks for all the maps FOXX, you rule!

I have a request/suggestion if you ever feel up for it, would it be possible to get any more in the "Struc Needed" (#1336 #867) series?

I've been replaying these and really like the mechanics and it's a shame that there is only the 2 of them. I think the concept could work well in combination with omni/gmm style maps aswell.

FOXX

Quote from: svartmes on August 09, 2020, 11:04:04 AM
Thanks for all the maps FOXX, you rule!

I have a request/suggestion if you ever feel up for it, would it be possible to get any more in the "Struc Needed" (#1336 #867) series?

I've been replaying these and really like the mechanics and it's a shame that there is only the 2 of them. I think the concept could work well in combination with omni/gmm style maps aswell.
Thanks Svartmes and welcome.
I can make another Struc Needed map (after i finish current map) but was thinking on how to combine this in a GMM style map.
Like should the struc grow be integrated in the GMM or as a separate system in a GMM map. What were your thoughts about this?

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

svartmes

Quote from: FOXX on August 11, 2020, 09:20:45 AM
What were your thoughts about this?

Actually I didnt give it much thought other than I figured the concepts are similiar (filling up space/land) so maybe it isnt a good match. But just another "struc needed" map with more land/omni-action I suppose?

Or it could be used for gate/key feature I suppose.  As in areas being locked away with red struc or powerful enemy ships (anything serving as an impassable gate) that would turn blue once you clear the corresponding emitter (key).  It might be interesting if you could also bypass it with sneaky tactics like using portships to build omnis on the other side of the gate without the getting the "key". I dunno.

Just a new "struc needed" map would more than suffice.  :)

FOXX

Quote from: svartmes on August 12, 2020, 04:13:15 AM

Actually I didnt give it much thought other than I figured the concepts are similiar (filling up space/land) so maybe it isnt a good match. But just another "struc needed" map with more land/omni-action I suppose?

Or it could be used for gate/key feature I suppose.  As in areas being locked away with red struc or powerful enemy ships (anything serving as an impassable gate) that would turn blue once you clear the corresponding emitter (key).  It might be interesting if you could also bypass it with sneaky tactics like using portships to build omnis on the other side of the gate without the getting the "key". I dunno.

Just a new "struc needed" map would more than suffice.  :)
Thanks for input. Going to think about this system.
Or i make 1 GMM system like usual and make those keys for growing struc or i might have 2 separate landlines. 1 for land and 1 for struc.
Have to test some things and then dive into this.
Like the idea so going to try to make something after finish current map.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

ChaosMaster130

It's been a while since my last post, but hey! still enjoying your maps FOXX  :)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

FOXX

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on September 20, 2020, 11:19:58 PM
It's been a while since my last post, but hey! still enjoying your maps FOXX  :)
Nice ChaosMaster130, still playing PF.
Thanks for the nice words :)

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!