what about a weapon that builds terrain

Started by lich98, June 18, 2011, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

I think it would be cool to have a weapon that you could use to build either decayable terrain or nondecayable terrain. that way if you defeat a large open area that the creeper was in you could be able to build more reactors and stuff. What do you all think?
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

ontheworld

This would probaply lead to extreme balancing issues... Especially when custom maps come out...

Sqaz

Just... everybody... Think back at the suggestions of CW1.

All sorts of new weaponry was being suggested, the majority would cost a lot or use a lot of energy like here.

Well... Did Virgil ever add a new weapon?

No

Well... Do you think he would suddenly change his mind, and throw a year of balancing in the trash can?

No

Ebon Heart

Being able to create your own terrain would ruin the whole point of reactor balancing. You have to think ahead and dig with maximum efficiency. Not build more terrain to get your reactor farm perfect.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

thepenguin

and, terrain has infinite creeper resistance
We have become the creeper...

Ytaker

That would destroy the purpose of map building, so no. Someone would build a map, perfectly balanced, and someone else would ruin it.

lich98

yes it wold be expensive but what if you could only build decable terrain so basically a shield that you can put a reactor on.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ranakastrasz

... We already said it isn't going to happen. It would still ruin the balance of the game.

thepenguin

Quote from: lich98 on June 19, 2011, 11:07:18 AM
yes it wold be expensive but what if you could only build decable terrain so basically a shield that you can put a reactor on.

why not build a shield?
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

Quote from: thepenguin on June 19, 2011, 11:45:37 AM
Quote from: lich98 on June 19, 2011, 11:07:18 AM

why not build a shield?
You can't put a reactor on it. It sounds like he isn't good at planning ahead and mazximizing energy efficiency... So he wants a new unit to do it for him.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

pixlepix

Ohh, I have an idea. How about a weapon that is a super nullifier that destroys all emitters on a map.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Ranakastrasz

No No, How about one that gives you 2000 crystal every time you go into deficit? And you start with it on every mission?

Kamron3

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on June 19, 2011, 12:53:46 PM
No No, How about one that gives you 2000 crystal every time you go into deficit? And you start with it on every mission?

I just use CE for that. ;)

CobraKill

O how about a instawin weapon so the game is useless!
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Kamron3