Convience Control and otherwise Improvement.

Started by Ranakastrasz, June 13, 2011, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

A few things I would like to make it easier to get units do do what you want them to, Some of which were probably already suggested, but I cannot find.

- Selecting a unit by clicking on the green border when you told it to move to, such as when you tell a group to move somewhere, but a few of the units are landing somewhere you do not want them, this would let you relocate them easily, without having to find the corresponding units in the big cloud of blasters.
- Group moving Patterns, While I do not know how exactly this is set up, I would like to be able to click on the terrain, structures, and positions where units are already moving to. when multiple units are selected, so as to have them land near that spot. Also, The destinations of the units, and the unit's locations themselves, which you are ordering to move should probably not be considered as occupied when calculating placement, as they will not be occupied once the order is commenced.
- Units should be allowed to land at a location that another flying unit is at, but is not occupied, nor will be landed at.
- Click/drag placement, It would be quite nice to be able to place a line of reactors later in the mission without clicking for each building. Similarly, Being able to mass place blasters or otherwise would be equally useful. This would naturally have to be used responsibly due to a finite energy supply, or deficit will likely ensue!
- While I am not sure the ideal behavior here, I would like left clicking on a unit with another unit selected to select the clicked unit, dropping the first selection.

Kjempff

I beleive there are too much unit movement with too many units in general, and reducing the amount of units while increasing their powers or changing abilities will help on these issues.

thepenguin

Quote from: Kjempff on June 19, 2011, 05:36:11 PM
I beleive there are too much unit movement with too many units in general, and reducing the amount of units while increasing their powers or changing abilities will help on these issues.

not going to happen, virgil isn't going to rebalance the whole game now
We have become the creeper...

Ytaker

I think it's pretty balanced as it is.

What I'd really like would be a fast forward button. Then moving units wouldn't take as long.

Kamron3

Quote from: Ytaker on June 19, 2011, 08:27:57 PM

What I'd really like would be a fast forward button. Then moving units wouldn't take as long.

Unfortunately a fast forward button isn't going to work in CW2. There's just too many things going on in each 7 frames for it to be able have a fast forward button.

CobraKill

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 19, 2011, 08:29:39 PM

Unfortunately a fast forward button isn't going to work in CW2. There's just too many things going on in each 7 frames for it to be able have a fast forward button.

Only way its remotley possible if we went crap graphics. (even then it probably wouldn't work)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Kamron3

Quote from: The Commander on June 19, 2011, 09:18:45 PM
Quote from: Kamron3 on June 19, 2011, 08:29:39 PM

Only way its remotley possible if we went crap graphics. (even then it probably wouldn't work)

It's not so much the graphics as it is the CPU. There are a lot of calculations that go on in CW2.

CobraKill

Exactly it won't happen (kinda wish it would)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.