hangs at calibrating planetary scanners

Started by NickLucas, July 27, 2019, 09:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickLucas

CW3 is hanging at the calibrating planetary scanners message - not had this before. I tried renaming the xml files in users/youname/ but this made no difference. I'm running on an Imac retina with Mojave. Never had any problems before.

Builder17

Please find log file, it can be found using these instructions:

QuoteTo access the Library folder:
1. In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.
2. In the Go To Folder dialog, type '~/Library' (the ~ represents current logged in user)
3. Click Go.

After you get there:  /Logs/Unity/Player.log

Put the log file in an attachment:

NickLucas

Player.log attached. I was a Cobol programmer for 37 years. When C Sharp came along I took early retirement ! I see that it's chasing me :)

GoodMorning

It appears from the log that the map-file you were opening is corrupted.

If it was a CS map, you can probably just delete the file and re-download it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

Could you tell what map you tried to open or if it happens with multiple maps?

NickLucas

It's with any Colonial Space maps. Other zones load ok. I do tend to delete maps I struggle with from colonialspace/maps but I've been doing that for many years.
I've just tried removing the log file and starting from scratch to reduce the log file size.  This is attached. I then looked in the maps folder and the map file looks like it's encountered a sockets problem somewhere along the line. I think that's getting us closer - no data to generate the map !

NickLucas

Hmmm. The Network preferences had the SOCKS proxy ticked. I unticked it, and removed a faulty map. It now loads correctly ! Restarting the machine re-ticks the proxy. I don't believe this is in anyway connected to CW. I think there's something dodgy elsewhere. I hope this might help anyone else with this issue. I'll have a dig around to try and find what's ticking the proxies box in Network Preferences ==> Advanced. Many thanks for your help.

NickLucas

I used etrecheck and there were a couple of daemons that I've removed. A restart now leaves the sockets proxies as unticked. I hope this helps anyone else with this ! There's a very thin line between what you want to do with a computer that's legitimate and things that might cause something dodgy to be installed. Lesson learnt :)

Karsten75

I see this is the issue:

Platform assembly: /Applications/CW3.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
ERROR building certificate chain: System.ArgumentException: certificate ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unsupported hash algorithm: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.12

We've seen it before on Mac, unfortunately it's rare. I'll alert knucracker and perchance his recollections are more clear than mine.  Alternatively, perform a search, both here and globally for this "ERROR building certificate chain:" or this " System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unsupported hash algorithm:"