[Bug] Can't Save in Editor

Started by FOXX, March 22, 2017, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharnellius

I appear to be having the same issue.  Making a vanilla map (no PRPL) and I suddenly can't save.  I can't think of anything I did that would cause any issues. 

Appreciate the help.

Karsten75

I can tell this much: There is an exception thrown. Did you resize the map (recently a common cause of errors :) ) or is there an errant PhalanxGun at large on the map? More than that, Virgil will have to step in and give an opinion - and he's out of pocket for the weekend.

You may want to try to re-load the save and see of loading the save file cleared up the error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PhalanxGun.WriteData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SaveGameManager.SaveUnits (NBT.Tags.TagCompound baseTag) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SaveGameManager.SaveMission (System.String fileName, Boolean includeGUID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InEditorEditModeMenuManager.SaveGameEntryClicked (Boolean forceSave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[System.Boolean].Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.CachedInvokableCall`1[System.Boolean].Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

PS. In case you were wondering, I don't really know if the PhalanxGun is a legit game object (Virgil sometimes retain early prototype names in his code).

Kharnellius

Ok, yeah I haven't added any guns or custom items.  I tried reloading earlier and the save function still wasn't working.  If I move the game forward one frame it will save, but that messes up my map so I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.  Plus I did a fair amount of work since my last save so I'm afraid to close it down, lol.

EDIT:  Could deleting an enemy mine, then re-adding it cause an issue?  I had one that was sending out energy packets already to one of the ticon guns and I deleted and re-added it, to clean up the start state of my map. 

Karsten75

That sounds likely. You'd have to wait for Virgil to provide an authoritative answer. :)

GoodMorning

As I recall, the class name for "mine cannons" is PhalanxGun. If it's not been properly cleaned up, that will be the issue.

I can't recall if the last instance was fixed by a more recent game version. Searching the forum for "PhalanxGun" will find wherever that last topic is.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.