Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8565: Bridge of Woe

Author: DongWiggle
Size: 256x256

Desc:

marvinitfox

OK. doable. but no fun.

It's easy enough to get a good foothold before the Flood arrives.
Thus, its easy to have some 200 Berthas. And as many mortars&cannons as you can find floorspace for.

Now for the problem.. no bombers. only 4 sprayers. Emitters 2000/0.03
So the only way to take an emitter is to saturation-bomb the region, to drop the creeper lake.
-then keep on saturation bombing it to prevent surrounding creep for flooding in
-at the same time, set 40-50 berthas *on timers* to attack the emitter.. 1 per 0.5 second or so is required.
-then creep up with sprayers and mortars, until near the emitter
-THEN launch a singularity behind the emitter (while of course sustaining the 1 bertha/0.5sec barrage), and neutralize.
-it is very handy to have your CN right close to the battlefront.

Now. All this is quite doable, also easy. But it is time consuming and very, very^evenmore tedious to do so.
I got to minute13, and 2 emitters neutralized. 1 sort off by cheating, using a PZ neutralizer.
I have also spent more than an hour fighting through the lag, and I have pulled 13 or 14 bundles of my hair out in frustration.

Is there an easier/less frustrating approach? Advise please, before I go completely bald.

TimeWeaver

Honestly, when I realized all the emitters were 2000's I just set up a perimeter and started mass building reactors and berthas.  I had about 200 berthas or more and about 50 of those under my control and the rest on autofire.  Then a weird thing happened.  I've never seen berthas behave like this.  Usually they just target the deepest creeper, so they focus on the emitters around the map.  But the minute I started fighting my way off the bridge, they all started attacking the same place and basically the moved around the map in a gaggle.  If it was near where I was working, it was great, because 150 berthas will make a hole in any amount of creeper.  But most often it just wandered around the map.  I used singularities to back the creeper off a emitter while I place my nullifiers.  You can also use the power zones some times to nullify nearby emitters.

DongWiggle

;D Your frustration entertians me.  ;D

I make all my maps to suit the way I like to play. I like to max the forge out as I build my defence up just enough to bring the game to a stalemate before I make my push through the deep creep. I only upload my maps incase anyone else likes to play that way as well.

Reading everyone's frustration with my maps is an unexpected bonus 8)

But I suggest you stop putting the Berthas on auto and draw a line in the sand with them instead. My comp is in dire need of an upgrade and I only get lag when I place more than 4 singularities. That being said, avoid my tub vs toilet map. I had to place EIGHT singularities down just to take one emitter down :-[