Weekly history tournament - math/physics/astronomy scientists - closing Oct. 10

Started by UpperKEES, October 04, 2010, 06:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: ctuna on October 08, 2010, 05:21:45 PM
Significant room for improvement, in the last two especially. I seem to do better in the shorter engagements - must be energy management vs geometry.

Yeah, for the short maps it's mostly the collector layout (and building them without deficit) that counts. The harder maps often involve fighting at multiple fronts and giving priority to the longest supply line. The longer a map takes the more you can do 'wrong'.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ctuna

Don't I know it! I guess it's either impatience or the "excitement" of the battle, but whenever there's more than one element in play, I find it almost impossible to pause often enough to keep things from dropping through the cracks. Thanks for the encouragement.

UpperKEES

For now I think you are at the second place, so you can start thinking of next weeks theme. :)

Katra

Score update - one big improvement; three didn't gain a bit after several tries.  ::)
Jan   4  1643    8718   8:49
Mar 21  1768    9020   6:31
Mar 14  1879    9713   1:46
Nov 20  1889    8520  10:25
Jan   8  1942    8979   6:49

total 44951  
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on October 08, 2010, 07:00:59 PM
For now I think you are at the second place, so you can start thinking of next weeks theme. :)

Better get it ready, because you might find yourself without time to do it... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

ctuna

Well, I'm ready, just in case, though a late result could overtake me. Still struggling with the formatting of the proposal and the results. Maybe I'll get it figured out in time; if not, just plain text will get us started.

Pezzle

This is my first post.  I first started playing CW on Kong.  It is such a great game.  I was so glad to see the Chronom maps so to have new maps to play.  I also just figured out something new.  Now I am beginning to understand how some of these fast times are gotten.  Even after this time I'm learning new things.  I'm actually not last in the current competition.  Though, I"m nowhere near placing either.  I still consider it progress.  I look forward to playing the weekly comps.

Fisherck

Quote from: Pezzle on October 11, 2010, 12:20:32 AM
This is my first post.  I first started playing CW on Kong.  It is such a great game.  I was so glad to see the Chronom maps so to have new maps to play.
Glad to see a new person! Creeper World is a great game, and we all were happy to see all 2 some million new chronum maps.

Even after this time I'm learning new things.
I have been around here a fare amount of time and I am still learning new things. It might be a while before you stop. ;D

I'm actually not last in the current competition.  Though, I"m nowhere near placing either.  I still consider it progress.  I look forward to playing the weekly comps.
Don't worry, you will get better, and chronum maps are a great way to do it. Of course, if you have not yet, custom maps are a great way to learn and get better too. If you want agood challenge, try a couple of UpperKEES maps. They are all a good challenge, and many require specific tactics to beat them. I would stay away form the experts only at first though, he makes hard maps. ;) ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

I will publish the final results a little later on (could be a few hours after midnight forum time), but I think it's clear CTUNA will be second this week and will pick next weeks theme. I have already received his proposal by PM and will post it along with the results.

UpperKEES

Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score

1.UpperKEES46761
2.ctuna45952
3.Katra44950
4.Pezzle43048
5.RandyTravis42207
6.L'ythelle40257
7.chretip39198
8.Alwego28177*
9.Grauniad08444*
10.Crimson King08152*

* Did not finish all maps.

Next weeks theme has been selected by ctuna and will be: Notable Fighter Aces of the World.