some more help needed... sorry dudes!

Started by teknotiss, December 23, 2018, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

i am trying to make a map with makers in it, i was inspired by FOXX's excellent maps #1165 and #1166.

i didn't want to rip off those ships, so i went to the custom modules thread http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21624.0 by planetfall and had a go at it.

putting together the ships and plotting the co-ords of the blank spaces is fairly straight forwards but I can't get the modules to appear in the finalised map.  the scripts compile fine, but perhaps i need to attach a script to a prpl core aside from the "master" script ?  or have i messed up the co-ord somehow?

after a couple of hours of double checking my co-ords, cross checking the principle with the "working" scripts from the #1165 map and generally rereading the custom modules thread i have to accept i can't work out what i did wrong  :o

not one of natures coders i'm afraid  ???

so could someone with some spare time have a look at "my" scripts and tell me how i screwed this up so i don't do it again?

so the three ships are below, as are the three scripts, and the finalised map with, in theory, all of that in it.  the save.pf1 is the unfinalised editor map.

cheers to anyone who has a bash at this, and happy holidays to all!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

GoodMorning

I'll take a look.

For future reference, feel free to borrow scripts and leave a credit.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

teknotiss

cheers dude!

yeah i was sort of borrowing scripts anyway, and full credit will be given in the map for sure...

if you can set me on a the right track your name will be in there too!  :)

i used the scripts from the custom modules thread by planetfall, and when it wasn't working looked at the scripts from FOXX's map to compare, and couldn't see where I went wrong.  it seemed to be more or less the same, just different co-ord values as we would expect.

i am sure it is something simple i have missed here, i am aware of my limitations when it come to checking my own work with code!  ::)

thanks again!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

GoodMorning

Two things stand out.

First, the CM coords (specified in master.prpl) need to be for the middle of the module (for some reason), rather than the lower-left (like the other coords).

Second, the module seems to work perfectly in the save, except that you've specified a custom image that's not present.

teknotiss

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 24, 2018, 06:34:07 AM
Two things stand out.

First, the CM coords (specified in master.prpl) need to be for the middle of the module (for some reason), rather than the lower-left (like the other coords).

Second, the module seems to work perfectly in the save, except that you've specified a custom image that's not present.

i was a bit worried about the custom image part... where would i put the image, i have the "bluemaker.png" image from the custom modules thread.

and did i screw up the centre co-ord? ???  darn it! i will go redo them now!

GoodMorning

The CM coordinates will just result in an offset module, which will still build at the right time.

The image slot "Custom0_128" will fit that image. You will need to change line 4 in to read:

Self "main" "Custom0_128" SetImage

teknotiss

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 24, 2018, 06:42:08 AM
The CM coordinates will just result in an offset module, which will still build at the right time.

The image slot "Custom0_128" will fit that image. You will need to change line 4 in to read:

Self "main" "Custom0_128" SetImage

i added that line in, but no image is appearing on the ships... but the particles are being made so thanks dude! 

do i need to specify a colour or opacity value in the editor somewhere?

off to walk the dogs so back in a bit and thanks again dude!  8)

GoodMorning

Did you also go to "CUSTOM IMAGES" in the editor and choose the image?

FOXX

Hi Teknosiss,

Yeah, those images need to be added in the editor in specific image slots.

this vid is about custom modules. Can come in handy.
And there is a thing called CMDisplay (made by Kajacx - in the latest custom module maps) it shows the custom module on the ship when you mouse over ships in the shipslot.
when your map is finished i could add that to the map if you like.

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

teknotiss

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 24, 2018, 06:58:21 AM
Did you also go to "CUSTOM IMAGES" in the editor and choose the image?

no, but i will now! cheers dude!

Quote from: FOXX on December 24, 2018, 07:01:50 AM
Hi Teknosiss,

Yeah, those images need to be added in the editor in specific image slots.

this vid is about custom modules. Can come in handy.
And there is a thing called CMDisplay (made by Kajacx - in the latest custom module maps) it shows the custom module on the ship when you mouse over ships in the shipslot.
when your map is finished i could add that to the map if you like.

Greets
FOXX

that sounds cool, cheers dude! 

so i see a kajacx ship editor is available too?  i need to get that i think!

8)

teknotiss

so i assigned the image i have (bluemaker.png 128x128) to the first 128x128 image slot

custom0_128

and refinalised.

didn't work for some reason.... the particles are being made but still no images on the ships   ???

i appreciate this is probably annoying now but i really don't get why this isn't working.

in the editor when i hold b and click a maker ship into existence there are 5x5 white squares sort of partially under and over the positions the maker images should be.  what have i done here? 

i think i needed to assign the custom image in the maker script not the master script...  ::)

custom14_256 was assigned to it in FOXX's maker script! 

teknotiss

all sorted and it works!

cheers dudes! 

now i just have to make a good map!  ;)

FOXX

Whoohoo :)

Quotei think i needed to assign the custom image in the maker script not the master script...
Yes ... or you could put the image in the corresponding image slot as mentioned in the script.

IF you want to use more Custom Modules HERE are all the Custom Modules i have used in the CM Maps and the RAR files have the image named after the image slot they go in the editor.

When i started with the CM Maps i changed a lot of mage locations in the scripts so i had a system going to avoid double images in the same image slot.
So IF you want to use more Custom Modules later on its easy if you use this system.

Good luck with the map !

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

teknotiss

Quote from: FOXX on December 24, 2018, 02:02:39 PM
Whoohoo :)

Quotei think i needed to assign the custom image in the maker script not the master script...
Yes ... or you could put the image in the corresponding image slot as mentioned in the script.

IF you want to use more Custom Modules HERE are all the Custom Modules i have used in the CM Maps and the RAR files have the image named after the image slot they go in the editor.

When i started with the CM Maps i changed a lot of mage locations in the scripts so i had a system going to avoid double images in the same image slot.
So IF you want to use more Custom Modules later on its easy if you use this system.

Good luck with the map !

Greets
FOXX

cheers dude, thanks for the link!  will be useful in future i'm sure! :)

off to see if i can make a fun maker map now!  8)

FOXX

Quote from: teknotiss on December 24, 2018, 02:22:04 PM
cheers dude, thanks for the link!  will be useful in future i'm sure! :)

off to see if i can make a fun maker map now!  8)

Thumbs Up !

Looking forward to themap.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!