Custom Map #1939: Sacrifice. By: Bill Kress

Started by AutoPost, April 09, 2015, 02:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1939: Sacrifice

Author: Bill Kress
Size: 65x45

Desc:
Victory requires knowledge and sacrifice.

RrR

This map is hard. It has a different mechanic from the usual generate energy, increase firepower, win sort of game.
It has taken me several attempts and I still don't have a viable strategy. I have ideas though!
Reactors at 650 and no collectors. Mean.

Tyler21

This looks a very interesting map, though I couldn't figure it out how to solve it yet ...

Quote from: RrR on April 09, 2015, 12:14:31 PM
Reactors at 650 and no collectors. Mean.

... and not even a single guppy to collect that AOO :)
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Noahzarc

I'm the author--someone beat my score by SO MUCH, I have no idea how!  Now I have to try it again.

Tyler21

thanks for this map, it made me think differently... however, I still don't know how warren managed to finish this in less than 3 minutes  :o
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

warren

Sacrifice? who gives away free energy?

I could only see one way to win this map. Hard and fast before the free energy gives out. The first time, I built too many weapons and ran out just before the first nullifiers were built. I would say: 33% to construction, 66% to ammo.

Noahzarc

Hmm, I didn't intend it to go so quickly, I forgot I put those
Spoiler
huge energy packets
[close]
out there. There is a trick to the "Slow" way.

Sacrifice doesn't mean sacrifice energy it means to sacrifice
Spoiler
a base
[close]