Custom Map #586: Bombardment. By: Potato

Started by AutoPost, May 26, 2014, 04:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #586: Bombardment

Author: Potato
Size: 128x84

Desc:
EXTREMELY challenging map where the player has to survive a bombardment from spores. The key to victory is micromanaging the balance between economy and beam towers.

Karsten75

It would have been really a lot more fun if I could build and power a forge.

PS. Yea, I know the trick, but I'm not going to sit here and burn my time on a map I can't speed up.

Helper

No Forge, no thanks.
It is a non-starter.

Potato

Hey guys, thank you for the feedback, I was hesitating to add a forge because it might make it easier, but apparently I should have balanced it around having a forge. Sorry if that makes it less fun.

I tried to make this map so that establishing a base and getting good econ doesn't guarantee a win, but stays difficult throughout. I am still pretty surprised that some people beat it as fast as they did. Beating it isn't as straightforward as you might think!

And if anyone is having problems beating it, my starting build order is to rush a lot of collectors on the high spots while putting just the bare minimum into the beam towers, and keeping that theme while gridding a bunch of reactors. If you have a good run, save it! It'll save you time if you mess up later (ex. the creep going over the walls at 9:25).

PMouser

i dont know how to do this. collectors really dont work on the rough ground
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.