Main Menu

Upgrades

Started by Dranar, December 26, 2009, 09:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dranar

I have bought the $10 game and it is awesome!

But in many other RTS Strategy Tower Defense type games, you can upgrade your buildings.

So I'd like to suggest if you could upgrade your buildings, e.g. - collectors produce 0.2 energy instead of 0.1, and blasters fire more, and the blast radius increases, etc.

I know that there is already an upgrade button, but it has it's limits.

Thanks,
Dranar
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Thorgold

I personally wouldn't like an upgrade system. While in other TD games you *need* upgrades because of stronger and more numerous enemies, you don't really run into that problem in CW. Yes, some levels require you to have a crapload of turrets to hold back a Creeper wave, but that causes you to need energy management and tactical skill. If you could match the efficiency of a mortar with an upgraded blaster, than the game would be too easy.

As well, and this is an afterthought, there's no currency/credit system in CW. How would we pay for upgrades? The only alternative would be a MASSIVE energy drain (i.e. 5+).

Aurzel

we've discussed upgrades at length and i think most of us agree that if there will be an upgrade system, then the benefit would be very small, like a small range increase or slightly larger blast radius for the mortar etc
like thorgold says, creeper world doesnt really need an upgrade system

Kamron3

Been suggested before.

We need more units and buildings to play with.. That will come in time. I'm sure Virgil will make a better GUI that does something like:

<||Units.........||>
<||Units.........||>
<||Units.........||>

The < and > are scrollers.

The first set of units would be Civilian units.
The second would be military units.
The third would be specialized units or something. :)

Of course, hovering over it will give you its effect in a little mouseover.

_k