Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

Rho Rho Upsilon Large/Hard

Few gems on surface, a 73M titan on an open crater, zero gravity and a drone portal right ahead. May not be at all impossible, but is hard.

2367 Large/Hard 0g/all Experimentals

even less gems on surface, an 83M titan on surface but no drone portal (yay)
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Hunter22222

DANG leave it to you guys to find the hardest maps in history hey tell me the ones you wern't able to defeat!

Fisherck

Quote from: burguertime on June 23, 2011, 01:31:29 AM
Rho Rho Upsilon Large/Hard

Few gems on surface, a 73M titan on an open crater, zero gravity and a drone portal right ahead. May not be at all impossible, but is hard.
This one is definitely possible. The hard part is not the beginning, but when the drones get out.

Quote from: burguertime on June 23, 2011, 01:31:29 AM
2367 Large/Hard 0g/all Experimentals

even less gems on surface, an 83M titan on surface but no drone portal (yay)
the start is very easy for this one becuase you can bottle up the emitter with shields. You have a couple minutes before you need to down under. You even have enough time to establish two bases...

Oh, and I do not know what you were talking about with the lack of gems. There were plenty in both maps... :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Mare

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 22, 2011, 09:37:15 PM
Quote from: Mare on June 22, 2011, 09:18:49 PM
Quote from: Eric on June 20, 2011, 10:45:55 PM
inter large high

*Ahem* (Prepares to talk like a good gentleman but fails at ending)

Good sir, Your comment is irrational, for you see I have evidence that disproves this theo-

AWW SCREW THIS!! I just beat that map fair and square, unfortunately I can't upload the pics because I don't know how to use the image feature of posting....

But I assure you, just look at the scores table for that map, I beat it!!

The beginning is hard, but I just used Fisherck's "Dig in" Technique and from there, it was just a matter of building up my energy and tech. I recommend you use launchers to thin out the creeper otherwise the blasters won't be able to hold it back. Don't forget to grab the crystals!!!

either use print screen, and paste the picture into paint, then save it, or just press backspace in the game and locate the folder "cw2_screens" (should be under my documents) then when making a post, click "+Additional Options..." and browse for an attachment. Also, if you upload it to imageshack or something, you can use {img}link{/img} and replace the {} with []

Thanks man, I just remembered that there was an additional option tab thanks to you.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Hunter22222

rotfl medium, high
reer  medium, high
can't get a holding.

roccologic

Quote from: Hunter22222 on June 24, 2011, 02:36:32 PM
rotfl medium, high
can't get a holding.

Hunter22222

wow good job but reer is hard love to see a pic of that

morganbond

iateany
the build direction is down!!! making the map imposible.  :-\

Kamron3

Quote from: morganbond on June 24, 2011, 11:23:24 PM
iateany
the build direction is down!!! making the map imposible.  :-\

Myth Debunked:

burguertime

Remember, one mans (if you are in the skill level of Kees, Fisherck, kithros, ebon, and the gang) medium map is another man's [ me! :( ] impossible map.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Fisherck

reer  medium, high
can't get a holding.

I can't quite keep a foothold. I will keep trying, but this may be a map for Kithros. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

florrat

Quote from: Fisherck on June 25, 2011, 09:38:14 AM
reer  medium, high
can't get a holding.

I can't quite keep a foothold. I will keep trying, but this may be a map for Kithros. :)

Or for me XD
I completed it :-)

Fisherck

Okay, now I am impressed. Great Job! I must ask though, how you made it through the beginning. Did you build that dark beam right away, or use shields or repulsers to hold the creeper back in the beginning?
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

florrat

Quote from: Fisherck on June 25, 2011, 04:05:05 PM
Okay, now I am impressed. Great Job! I must ask though, how you made it through the beginning. Did you build that dark beam right away, or use shields or repulsers to hold the creeper back in the beginning?
Thank you :-) I must say it certainly was not easy. Here's are two screenshots at 2:54 and 4:00. I'm afraid I have overwritten al my other savefiles :-)
As you can see, I used walls to block of the creeper and blasters to destroy the drones. In the beginning above the surface (on the red cross in my screenshot), later I fall back to the place where I was at 2:54. I even built 2 conversion bombs before I built my dark beam. One very early, I let it explode on the right of the map, immediately after those blocks decayed over there. I am building the second one in the screenshot of 2:54. Especially the first one gave me some extra time.
The second screenshot is at 4:00. I then built the dark beam, but was rushing to get 12 energy income before I turned it on.

Fisherck

Ahh, you never used repulsers. And you entered a different way too. I will have to try it myself!
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps