Main Menu

Terraform

Started by MaHoTex, May 21, 2011, 04:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaHoTex

Being able to add ground/dirt would be an excellent feature.  If not that, then allow the ability to build items on a shield. 

MadMag

build items on a shield will totally destroy the game..  same answer to the first suggestion.

What could be fun about this suggestion is to make it aviable in the map editor, so you have to build terrain to complete the map.. (if this was what you ment, im sorry)

UpperKEES

I suggested the same thing before: make building on shields optional in the map editor. This way it won't ruin existing maps, but it will create very nice possibilities for custom maps.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Scoutzknifez

He means in the game not in editor.
You can request a Map too be made by me in Creeper World 1 or Creeper World But, you must tell me what you want it to be like.

MadMag

Well, then.. forget it :)

MaHoTex

Maybe creating dirt/ground is not the way to go, but allowing reactors on shields would be good.  Shields can still be destroyed by creeper/drones so it does not mess up balance.

UpperKEES

Quote from: MadMag on May 21, 2011, 05:25:18 PM
Well, then.. forget it :)

Ehm, maybe stop posting when drunk? :P

Scoutzknifez

You can request a Map too be made by me in Creeper World 1 or Creeper World But, you must tell me what you want it to be like.

MadMag

"He means in the game not in editor. "

If it was not ment to the editor, then I stay with the comment I did..

"Well then forget it"

"stop posting when you are drunk"

Well, then forget it:  was ment to say: Forget it, it will never happen in the game as is.

Has nothing to do with me drinking, it will never happen in the game as is.

UpperKEES

When it's an option in the editor, it will naturally happen in the game; just not for the 30 in-game maps, which is fine of course.

pixlepix

No.
Would mess everything up.
#1: Make a stalemate with the creeper ridiculously easy
#2 Would destroy limits on energy and the building of power plants within the ground.
That said, I could see a few uses for custom maps. And, It should be quick to implement.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Fisherck

I say thumbs down. Part of the fun and challenge in the game is to know when to and when not to remove a piece of terrain.

It could be an option in the editor, but then we back to the overcomplicated editor, and it just gets messy...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Lioncourt

Just a quick thought... Make a "flying" platform, that needs power to stay airborn, you can build on it, but if the power reaches 0, it will drop and destroy all in its path till it hits dirt?  :)
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

Echo51

If you made it require as much power as the reactors you could build on it produced when fully upgraded, then yes ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on May 22, 2011, 12:17:58 AM
Part of the fun and challenge in the game is to know when to and when not to remove a piece of terrain.

Of course it would only apply to maps of which their own author has enabled this option.

Apart from that keep in mind that these reactors would now cost 100% more (5 for the reactor and 5 for the shield), so that's an expensive trade-off. In combination with the optional build limit I can see very interesting maps being designed with this feature, especially because shields will remain vulnerable to the creeper.

Quote from: Fisherck on May 22, 2011, 12:17:58 AM
It could be an option in the editor, but then we back to the overcomplicated editor, and it just gets messy...

Just 1 checkbox: allow building on shields yes/no (default = no).