PRPL UID helper script

Started by GoodMorning, January 07, 2017, 11:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

It's still a pain to find it for Emitters, Caches, ships, and so forth.

Introducing the ListUIDs.prpl script, to reveal the UIDs of all nearby units and ships without getting in the way.

The Core it's attached to will vanish on finalized maps. In edit mode, it will hover off to the side of your mouse, and list the UIDs of all units and ships in range. It can't find ship names, but will state the hull size. It will find unit types, but can't tell you which script a Core is running.

Holding (left) Shift will make it visible and snap under the mouse in case you wish to delete the Core. Holding (left) Alt will move it to the opposite side of the mouse, in case it was in the way.

Drop the file in the scripts folder of your map, add a new PRPL Core, attach the script, and you're ready. (Not responsible for interactions with badly-written GetUnitsInRange calls).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Oblivion

Answer: Cause I really wanna know how you made text appear.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

GoodMorning

What was the question? (You can read the script, but it's a matter of SetText and SetTextSize)

Oblivion

"why are oyu reading this?" - in the script
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

GoodMorning

Here's the new edition, which sticks to the lower-left of the screen, hopefully avoiding the UI.

Note: LeftAlt will still move the text.

Stickman

Quote from: Oblivion on January 08, 2017, 09:48:45 AM
"why are oyu reading this?" - in the script

BTW, this part was quite amusing to figure out. Stack languages have very weird workarounds.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me