Whoops! Got nommed by a Joven Doppel... but didn't lose?

Started by Darkmega, October 01, 2016, 01:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmega

So, I'm making a custom map that has a Blue NPC HQ ship as an ally that is a stand in for "me". Since it's a little map with a showcase of some ships I've made. But I was playing, and a cute little hungry joven doppel came along and ate my actually HQ and it was *ahem* LOST FOREVER while I was trying to get a energy mine.

Then i was waiting for a big fat humiliating GAME OVER to appear in front of me despite having the no respawn/game over on HQ loss check box on. But I'm guessing, due to the blue NPC HQ ship (which has an alarm and everything when it gets hit) it didn't give me a game over, and neither did it turn off my energy because he was still surviving. Is that meant to happen? :V I'm guessing that made it count as having two HQ's and so I didn't actually lose yet?

Karsten75

Sounds like a bug. Please post in Support and add screenshot and/or saved copy of map.

Darkmega

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 01, 2016, 01:45:59 PM
Sounds like a bug. Please post in Support and add screenshot and/or saved copy of map.

Might be hard with slowed internet for another 2 nights. But I'll see what I can do. But I didn't save, cause died, so will have to go feed myself to the hungry hungry doppels again after a few changes to said map.

knucracker

That's on purpose... though the wisdom might be questionable.  If you have a friendly HQ, it counts as an on-map HQ for your side.  You only need one or more on the map for the mission to carry on.

Darkmega

well, the poor guy (aka, in game "me", after ticon got smoked by the hungry doppel) got destroyed, but no instant game over. even after all the ships came in and infinitely spawn camped us, until the lathes came by and did a clockwise + anticlockwise lathing run and wiped it all out. still the game didn't "end". is it meant to give a game over/failure screen, or is it just implied that "you just got dunked on" when the HQ dies and can never be brought back? Since I had the game on total destruction mode. :V

Xalos

Was this in a finalized map or playing in the Mission Editor?  I'm pretty sure you can't actually win/lose the mission when playing in the Mission Editor.

Darkmega

it was finalized. since I was playing it, making sure all the pickups had the right conversations and all. and another thing to report, it's on what I believe to be "TOTAL DESTRUCTION MODE" where you gotta wipe the map... but... I wiped the map, eventually, and nothing happened. even went around with my cleaner ship to clean plasma etc and mired everything. no dice. which could also explain not dieing when the HQ got eaten, and then the blue HQ got eaten, maybe this "eleminate everything including all particulate" mission setting isn't working properly?

edit: Made this a support post and linked it with a hyper link to save retyping, even though I re-explained it anyway.