Custom Map #6994: CSM-79 BIG PUZZLE. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 17, 2019, 07:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6994: CSM-79 BIG PUZZLE

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Corky Style Mode game with new features created by CodeMaster Regallion: 1. Now you can see number on controllers 2. Helpful lines will show connection between bridges and controllers 3. Individual GateJoiners. 2 types - movable and non-movable. Can create independant gate's network not connected to other color gates. Sometimes more useful than traditional Stargate Connectors. Lag exist but not so big as it was in removed map. CORKY=COrnucanis+Regallion+Kajacx+Yum234 #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRega

yum-forum

GateJoiners like new gate's network with new color (in our case - number). For instance, all Joiners (movable and non-movable) with number "1" belongs to network "1". This network have no correlation to any other gate's network. If you put movable Joiners "1" in any color gate this gate changes and became part of gate's network "1". Very useful for attack of separate area of map.
In this map you can use combination of traditional Stargate Connectors and individual GateJoiners.

Good luck!  :)

P.S. Sorry that before map was removed because of very big lag. Here lag exists but not so terrible.
P.P.S. #BravoRegallion
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

DoomDutch

Good news: the game doesn't lag at the start.
Bad news: it still pretty much does mid- and end-game.

Altren

It will be nice to have such connection lines for the colored gates as well. Would simplify search.

yum-forum

Quote from: DoomDutch on January 17, 2019, 08:48:17 AM

In new version of scripts this problem solved. Sorry, please.
last

yum-forum

Quote from: Altren on January 17, 2019, 07:00:05 PM
It will be nice to have such connection lines for the colored gates as well. Would simplify search.

Thanks for comments!

So many lines? Maybe it will be good by "Hot key". You can of/on this like now working "Ctrl+R".
And this depends not on me. I only user of scripts...  :-[
last

Twi

THis looks really interesting, but it's too tricky to breeze through and the lag makes it kind of a pain to sit down and approach methodically. :(

I really dig the concept though! And it was fun before I got reduced to tabbing out and waiting for things to happen at lagspeed. Hopefully the next version of the script cuts down that lag :D
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

Quote from: DoomDutch on January 17, 2019, 08:48:17 AM

Now scripts was improved by Regallion. Whether it is interesting if we re-make map with new scripts and more low level of lag for better gameplay? Somebody wants?
last

DoomDutch

I'd say move on and work on a new map/alternate version of this map with the new scrips.

yum-forum

last

Twi

I wouldn't mind more smaller maps with this script. And with the conversion bombs, too, am I the only one who liked those?
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

Quote from: Twi on January 18, 2019, 04:23:11 PM
I wouldn't mind more smaller maps with this script. And with the conversion bombs, too, am I the only one who liked those?

Thanks for comment! You are welcome!  :)

Size of template fixed, but maybe we create a little smaller template.

In this kind of maps with bridges and controllers (initial idea - from GoodMorning) if I introduce conversion bomb will be very easy to reach controllers of bridges. But in next Jubilee CSM-80 I will introduce one DCBF. It will be tricky Double Conversion Bomb - radius of second "reverse attack" will be lager than first.  ;)
Also in this next map will be only GateJoiners (no Stargate Connectors) and some "surprise field" with many unpredictable "crazy semiconductors".  ;)
Also thanks to Regallion will be surely less lag of game.

Good luck!  :)

last

Johnny Haywire

QuoteAnd with the conversion bombs, too, am I the only one who liked those?

I love the bombs that you can customize according to their chip insert. Those are the coolest bomb-diggidy.coms

As for the lag...  #metoo

No worries though, Yum. The ideas are cool although I feel a bit overwhelmed with a multitude of different stargates and regular gates, not to mention Bill Gates. I'd prefer not quite so many different gates, but even with all the gates I still like it!  ;D

Thanks for always implementing new cool ideas!  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

last

Aesher

To be honest I don't know what other people were complaining about in regards to lag, I was stuck on 1:10 for the entire time due to my weak-ass processor, which is also why I managed a time of 22 minutes, I had all the time in the world to plan my moves.

I have to say I really like the new SG connectors, being able to isolate stargates was a wonderful feeling.

Keep up the good work Yum!