Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6993: Jam Pod 500

Author: Wander Marbus
Size: 164x164

Desc:

Helper

Big fun game!
I got started way wrong, but (again) forgot to backup so had to continue.
I'll make another run at it.
Thanks for the fun.
(EDIT - what's up with all the low ratings? Can't understand that.)
H

Karsten75

Excellent old-school map. I hope you make many more!

Several possible starting positions, each with some tactical or strategic advantage. I almost want to say that multiple restarts are required. :)

D0m0nik

Yeah great map, some real red herrings there for the speed runner.

Spoiler
The PZ created by the preloaded nulifier is tempting but possibly not worth holding onto. The aether packs are also very tempting but may have to be ignored.
[close]

Helper

D0m0nik - another insane time for you.
Any chance you could post a screen shot of your end game - or offer a couple of pointers?
Thanks,
H

D0m0nik

Hi Helper

A couple of images attached. I connected the two bases as soon as possible. Getting a few reactors and a few beams up quickly is important. I think I built beams top left and the flew them down early on. The top left base is important early on as it is fairly safe so easy to get some reactors up.

I lost the bottom right PZ pretty quickly and decided it was not worth holding onto. Instead I went for the 3 North totems.

Don't let the digitalis get to the nest.

I never collected any of the aether packets, Just relay over to the dark green land and the attack south west.

The three emitters and air exclusion are an early priority as that is 4 PZs.

Helper

Great concept.
I was close except for the one Command Node - and I fought like crazy to hang on to that right side PZ.
(Bad decision on my part.)

I like this one enough that I'll try your technique tomorrow.
Thanks much.
H

Helper

Forgot this:

D0m0nik

Once you have connected the bases its just attack the boss emitter by the most direct method possible, you don't really need a huge amount of power.

Helper

Thanks - hope to get to it later. Got a meeting with the tax man today. >:(