Custom Map #6890: Abandoned Ticon laboratory: bombs wing. By: Regallion

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2018, 09:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regallion

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 17, 2019, 10:01:44 PM
Just finished this map again. I took the world doo-dad before most of the others (4th pickup) but never used it.
Actually wait, how did you pick it up before anything else? It's supposed to only be available with the "1" joiner, which is only available once you conquer top-right. And top-right is not really available until you deal with both bottom-right and bottom-left for towers and sterilizer control.

Johnny Haywire

It was my 3rd or 4th pickup, not my first. The conversion bomb and double conversion bomb was enough to take the top right. It wasn't particularly easy and it's obviously not the intended way. I just like doing things differently sometimes.

I skipped the sterilizer until last I think - went straight for the upper right and then worked down to the room under it. In the meantime, I terped around the blue emitters so I wouldn't kill them.

I didn't have a game save that showed it, so I just kinda sloppily re-did it. Alllmost took out the blue emitter again, this time by accident  ::)

Here's a screenshot. Next step would be to take out the emitter to the right and then extend the bases toward the lower area. I'm pretty sure that the first time, I used that frenzy powerup as well to make things go faster. So I would have gotten the double conversion and the frenzy before hitting the "world".
Spoiler
[close]

I took the middle by using the vacuum and then hitting it with a conversion bomb as soon as the vacuum hit zero. It took a number of hits and effort to do it that way, but it was more of an adventure that way.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

lividbishop

Can I buy a clue?

I would love to find out how to play this style of map.  I don't understand what all that jazz is in the box in the upper right.  I'm not sure what to do with this map at all.  The text was not helpful at all.

:/

Regallion

Quote from: lividbishop on March 27, 2019, 09:30:17 PM
Can I buy a clue?

I would love to find out how to play this style of map.  I don't understand what all that jazz is in the box in the upper right.  I'm not sure what to do with this map at all.  The text was not helpful at all.

:/
Ah, then you are unfamilliar with the CSM game mode. I would recommend playing some CSM maps by Yum234, preferably his earlier works.  This maps assumes a level of familiarity with AC mechanics, and then introduces a ton of new ones (well...they aren't new anymore nowadays but eh).

yum-forum

Above you can find link to video in YouTube how to play this game...
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

hbarudi

So why is it that if we let a dark blue emitter die, the entire map is flooded with 2000 thick creeper and some areas with 2000 thick anticreeper?

chwooly

Quote from: hbarudi on May 26, 2020, 11:53:02 AM
So why is it that if we let a dark blue emitter die, the entire map is flooded with 2000 thick creeper and some areas with 2000 thick anticreeper?

It is just a game mechanic that is there I would guess to add balance. IMO it does nothing but annoy the player.

Cheers.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein