Custom Map #6890: Abandoned Ticon laboratory: bombs wing. By: Regallion

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2018, 09:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regallion

Quote from: Solis on December 24, 2018, 11:49:22 AM
Quote from: Regallion on December 23, 2018, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: Hurk on December 23, 2018, 12:23:35 PM
i finished the map, but did not get a score screen, am i missing something?
Message artifacts are mandatory to collect by game engine

I have the same problem, even with all messages collected. What I noticed is that in my game one of the flip emitters is still producing creeper instead of anti creeper.
(I have creeper colored red and anti creeper colored green) Maybe I'm missing something, attached two screenshots.
Use the defuser chips for their intended purpose.

Solis

>Use the defuser chips for their intended purpose.

Ah, stabilizer chip, defuse bomb. I had not even tried them out. I somehow thought there were to close singularities. That did it, thanks. :)

Aesher

Quote from: Pnevma on December 24, 2018, 11:05:27 AM
Did you get the omega bomb (you need to use the "1" stargate link)?  Use the omega bomb in the center area
I can't get the '1' stargate link due to the clearing fields destroying my AC in the upper-middle right room.

cornucanis

Quote from: Aesher on December 24, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
Did you get the omega bomb (you need to use the "1" stargate link)?  Use the omega bomb in the center area
I can't get the '1' stargate link due to the clearing fields destroying my AC in the upper-middle right room.

You're not meant to get the "1" link until the very end. You're supposed to change the sterilizer setting first so you can get to it. Have you cleared the northeast area already?

Aesher

Quote from: cornucanis on December 24, 2018, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: Aesher on December 24, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

You're not meant to get the "1" link until the very end. You're supposed to change the sterilizer setting first so you can get to it. Have you cleared the northeast area already?
It's one of the areas I can't get into, but then I think I moved to it way too late.

Aesher

Never mind, turns out I turned off the sterilization programme instead of keeping it on. I've now finished the map.

blbitwww

I'm having the same issue as Solis. The first time I played I was able to complete the map and submit my score successfully. (Not a very good score but...) However, ever since then I have NOT been able to kill the emitter Solis identified as problematic. I can kill/gather everything else but little puffs of creeper still keep showing up. I saw in a later post to use the "diffuser" bomb but apparently I don't know what that is. (I believe I've tried every bomb available and yet, those little puffs of creeper keep showing up.) I've built a wall and then re-flooded. No go.

Ideas appreciated. TIA.

cornucanis

Quote from: blbitwww on December 25, 2018, 04:05:00 PM
I'm having the same issue as Solis. The first time I played I was able to complete the map and submit my score successfully. (Not a very good score but...) However, ever since then I have NOT been able to kill the emitter Solis identified as problematic. I can kill/gather everything else but little puffs of creeper still keep showing up. I saw in a later post to use the "diffuser" bomb but apparently I don't know what that is. (I believe I've tried every bomb available and yet, those little puffs of creeper keep showing up.) I've built a wall and then re-flooded. No go.

Ideas appreciated. TIA.

It's intentional for that emitter to keep emitting creeper, there is no way to make it start making AC since it's "defective" lore-wise. Thus having it create AC is not a victory condition. It's likely that you missed a message artifact or forgot to defuse a blue emitter somewhere. The "defuser" bombs are the ones with the cog/gear icon. If you send a defuser bomb to a blue emitter it will destroy the emitter after a set amount of time. That's the only way to remove blue emitters on this map.

blbitwww

cornucanis - THANK YOU!   :) You were correct. I had missed the message artifact at the very bottom re: place to store chips. Yay!

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Johnny Haywire

I really like this map! So many different things to do - it's like being at a huge mall just for CW3 players!

If I could change anything about the map, I'd change the big "whammy". Not what it does, so much... but the automatic game-ending status. Here's why: The Sorrontis reference (loved that too) meant *something* wicked this way comes if you hit one of those blue emitters. So...  ::) I decided to attack it as soon as possible just outta curiosity.  :o

"But wait, I'm not dead yet! Would it be possible to dig out of THIS deep creeper-hole?" And the answer is yes. It might be rage-quit for some players but to me that was one of the highlights of the game. It took a while but it was such an epic and fun win!

I say *win* because it didn't give me a victory condition, since I'd already lost. But that's ok. The insane uphill battle was worth it.

Thanks for such a fantastic map! The variety of bombs, the different disconnected rooms... an elegantly and excellently construed masterpiece!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Regallion

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 16, 2019, 10:23:45 PM
I really like this map! So many different things to do - it's like being at a huge mall just for CW3 players!

If I could change anything about the map, I'd change the big "whammy". Not what it does, so much... but the automatic game-ending status.
The reason it automatically fails you, is specifically to discourage normal players from thinking that hitting it is expected. Basically, it's to ensure that they don't think "This map sucks, it covers me in a million creeper at start", but rather "Oh, whoops i failed, let's see what i did wrong". I get where you are coming from, but that's a weighted decision and if i were to do it again i won't change it.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, np. I'd be happy to play this map again just as it is! (Which is what I'm about to do, except this time without the deliberate "Hey, let's trigger the big bad bada-boom!" action)

Sorrontis' maps are some of my favs, btw. But they're definitely NOT geared towards the "normal player", obviously.  ;)

Thanks again for your maps! I greatly appreciate your creativity  ;D

Johnny Haywire

Just finished this map again. I took the world doo-dad before most of the others (4th pickup) but never used it.

This is one of my all-time fav maps.  ;D The custom bomb combinations are just so cool to play around with and I love having a bit of open land as well.

What would be the best way to use the freeze keys? I wasn't sure how they'd be helpful so I just used the vac + convert to take everything down. Thanks again!

Regallion

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 17, 2019, 10:01:44 PM
Just finished this map again. I took the world doo-dad before most of the others (4th pickup) but never used it.

This is one of my all-time fav maps.  ;D The custom bomb combinations are just so cool to play around with and I love having a bit of open land as well.

What would be the best way to use the freeze keys? I wasn't sure how they'd be helpful so I just used the vac + convert to take everything down. Thanks again!
The freeze bomb is intended to be a solution to an early puzzle that grants you access to the 1.5 alchemiter. Basically any emitter hit by it stops emitting for the duration (because emitters don't add creeper - they set creeper), so of the 3 in that room you can freeze 1, then convert and flip the others. Add frenzy to taste. Otherwise it's just a way to stop a section of a map from being relevant for a bit of time.