Custom Map #6890: Abandoned Ticon laboratory: bombs wing. By: Regallion

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2018, 09:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6890: Abandoned Ticon laboratory: bombs wing

Author: Regallion
Size: 200x200

Desc:
CSM map. On this world, once upon the time, Ticon corporation was developing a variety of weapons for use against the creeper. Now ruined and infested with creeper, it houses one of the most fearsome weapons in the galaxy. Overcome the malfunctioning machines and malicious creeper to seize it for your own use. Credit to Cornucanis and Kajacx for scripts. Credit to Grabz and GoodMorning for scripting help. Credint to Yum234 for iinspiration

Regallion

Did your entire everything explode? Don't breach the integrity of sealant gates you dummy!
:f_sorrontis:

Iron John Logan

Yes everything exploded. What do you mean by sealant gates and how not to breach them?

Regallion

You may or may not want to take a closer look at blue creep emitters. They emit a huge yellow warning if flooded with AC, then explode if you failed to back off.

Hurk

i finished the map, but did not get a score screen, am i missing something?

D0m0nik

I've got no idea what's going on with this one, confused by most of it!

Regallion

Quote from: Hurk on December 23, 2018, 12:23:35 PM
Message artifacts are mandatory to collect by game engine

Ehekatl

El doctor de creatividad

I was able to beat the map.  I am left with this.

That Omega bomb (the very last recipe chip you find) has a number of "special effects" most notably the text.  That is almost certainly a reference to something.  If it is, what is it referencing, and if not, what made you think that that was a good idea?  (You lore-wise had the guy who put them in fired.)
Whatever happens, may quantum mechanics - or whatever the true nature of our home universe may be - may such nature have mercy on us all...

Regallion

Quote from: El doctor de creatividad on December 23, 2018, 11:20:48 PM
I was able to beat the map.  I am left with this.

That Omega bomb (the very last recipe chip you find) has a number of "special effects" most notably the text.  That is almost certainly a reference to something.  If it is, what is it referencing, and if not, what made you think that that was a good idea?  (You lore-wise had the guy who put them in fired.)
That's a giant Jojo's bizarre adventure reference, and ofc the guy who modified your superweapon to sprout anime reference is gonna get fried.

chwooly

Are the seizure inducing light flashes really necessary? Honestly I found them to annoying and diminished the fun factor of the map.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Aesher

I have to be missing something as I'm stalemated at 1hr37m and massive amounts of creeper on the map.
I've cleared all but the center, right hand room with the SGs (the creeper clearer is blocking me here) and the top right room.

I like the different weapons, it makes it more interesting/tactical than just having AC bombs.

Pnevma

Quote from: Aesher on December 24, 2018, 10:51:12 AM
I have to be missing something as I'm stalemated at 1hr37m and massive amounts of creeper on the map.
I've cleared all but the center, right hand room with the SGs (the creeper clearer is blocking me here) and the top right room.

Did you get the omega bomb (you need to use the "1" stargate link)?  Use the omega bomb in the center area

Solis

Quote from: Regallion on December 23, 2018, 02:27:43 PM

I have the same problem, even with all messages collected. What I noticed is that in my game one of the flip emitters is still producing creeper instead of anti creeper.
(I have creeper colored red and anti creeper colored green) Maybe I'm missing something, attached two screenshots.

Pnevma

Quote from: Solis on December 24, 2018, 11:49:22 AM
Quote from: Regallion on December 23, 2018, 02:27:43 PM

I have the same problem, even with all messages collected. What I noticed is that in my game one of the flip emitters is still producing creeper instead of anti creeper.
(I have creeper colored red and anti creeper colored green) Maybe I'm missing something, attached two screenshots.

That's correct, but even though it will always emit creeper, you can still "convert" it by flooding with anticreeper. If you're having trouble, surround it with a wall, wait a bit and then open the flood gates