Custom Map #636: Dagon 7: Science Station

Started by AutoPost, January 02, 2012, 03:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #636: Dagon 7: Science Station

Author: Peter Power

Desc:
Dagon is returning to the orphanage to give Sarah a present when he encounters yet another military attack, this time on a science station. Maybe he'll finally get those Tech Domes that were missing from the previous episodes.

toastkid

Another fun map :)  I'm really enjoying this series, played through them all in one go, more or less.  Look forward to the next one!

SmileyCoder

Once again, a very impressive map. Good catchy storyline. Im looking forward to the next one.

To add some constructive criticism: Have you considered slowing down the "laser" field? Atm, it is a bit hard for the player to spot the laser emulation, due to its speed.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

oodie

smiley coder-that's only on "fast" speed you can see it pretty easily on normal speed and you can very easily see it on slow speed,but he should still slow it down a bit...
anyways, fun map!its easier than your others,but still really fun!i like the story line and how its staying together instead of patches being left out. keep it up! :D

PeterPower

Thanks for the comments SmileyCoder and Oodie. I pondered slowing down the lasers after the comments from the last space battle but I feel it is more powerful if they are faster. I did finally figure out there is an option to set fields only for Creeper and anti-creeper. That would have been nice to know earlier. It's all a learning process of course. I have at least one more space battle in this series and I am trying to get the fields working to make different weapons, so we'll see if I can get a balance of fast and slow weapons in that one.