Weekly history tournament - deadliest volcanic eruptions - closing Sept. 19

Started by UpperKEES, September 13, 2010, 01:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ontheworld

of course... all the totems taking most time are simply bridged here. figures.

and here is my solution on map 2:

yes KEES i did ignore the 'go for the totems dirsctly' advice since it was too hard for me =P

UpperKEES

Your first picture shows 2 SAMs. Why build your SAMs before you need them? Every unit generating energy (collector/reactor) should be build before weapons are really needed. I build my SAMs when the spore indicator tells me I have 25 seconds left. ;) The first weapons you need for map 2 are those who offer you more space to expand for more energy.

And by the way: I really hope you didn't build all these reactors simultaneously....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Thats funny, for krackatoa I moved the city next to the very right totem. I found that little hill next to the city inadequite. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on September 20, 2010, 08:17:30 PM
Thats funny, for krackatoa I moved the city next to the very right totem. I found that little hill next to the city inadequite. :)

Yeah, I tried the same:

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 20, 2010, 09:25:02 AM
I also tried starting at the right side and follow the bottom of my screen. I got exactly the same time (10:14)!

There's more space available, but you have to fight earlier to defend it, so I guess that balances everything out.

ontheworld

KEES, i suck at micro, so i have about 40 on the timer when i finish the sams

UpperKEES

Quote from: ontheworld on September 21, 2010, 08:36:49 AM
KEES, i suck at micro, so i have about 40 on the timer when i finish the sams

Yeah, but you can easily fill up that little island with I think 2 minutes leftbefore the spores arrive. You'll see that your growth will be a lot faster when you build reactors instead. No problem if you use 40 seconds instead of 25 to build your SAMs (no micromanaging involved), but I would concentrate on gaining more energy as long as possible. Just a tip....

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kamron3 on September 19, 2010, 10:54:00 PM
Quote from: Kamron3 on September 18, 2010, 09:37:44 PM
Even though Krakatoa did not kill as many people, it was the bigger of the explosions.

Also after examining the scores for the Krakatoa map, it appears the map reflects the explosion correctly. :)

Nah, the Tambora was really the biggest explosion as well. Its eruption let to the year without summer.

Yeah I know, I've done all the research. Mount Tambora DID infact explode and it was very tremendous, however, it wasn't the only thing that caused the Year without a Summer. Chains of heavy explosions around the world helped.

I wish I could've lived during the Year Without A Summer; it would've been epic.

Also, if such a thing happened right now... yeah... entire governments would collapse I assume.

Edvard Munch (from Norway) painted his famous work The Scream after observing a blood red sky due to the 1883 eruption of the Krakatoa volcano when overlooking the Oslo-fjord (at the other side of the world!). See here to play my version of this painting.